Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Have you ever been in a situation where you think your lab or someone elses dog may be scared or afraid?

Below are the signs to look out for in a worried dog.

- Flattened ears

- Wide eyes

- Tense face

- Wide mouth

- Rapid panting

- Hackles raised

- Sweaty paws

- Weight on the back legs, ready to run. (sloping forepaws)

- Tail down, tip wagging.

I remember when Bradley was younger, he was scared of men with beards or wearing hats (or both!) and people carrying umbrellas.

Thankfully now he is fine with both, although he does try to grab my brollie on occasions!

Does anything worry your lab?

Julie

·
Registered
880 Posts
vogue was worried by my kitchen in halls but now shes had a couple of kongs and meals in there she's as right as rain about it.
Anna

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
rosze is scared of huge lorrys when we out walking if we are by the road and she doesnt see a truck or hear it first she will drop to the floor or try to run...i need eyes at the back of my head so i can see them coming first and show her..lol.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Ben doesn't seem to be scared of anything,but then he has never had any reason to be he was very well socialized as a puppy.

My old dog she hated men, we had her from the age of 6 months so it must of had something to with before we got her. she would bark and give them the wide eye look, no matter how we tried to get her over it she was a woman's dog and that was it.

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
I took Corbie for his walk on Thursday along the road here, before we went to the river and there was a field with cows in it - you know how nosey cows are and about 15 all came over to the fence. The pavement was on an bank so was higher than the field but Corbie was still not sure about the cows. Especially when they all came trotting along after us!

When he gets frightened of something the fur on his back/neck stands on end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts