Labradors Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I'm not the most technically adept person on here, so please can someone help me.

Since I renewed my membership, my picture, album link and avatar disappered, I've managed to get a new avatar up and I can get either a signature photo or a link to Jet's album but not both.

Please can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong as it's driving me nuts.

Thanks in anticipation xx

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
a litlle bumplet from me - usually Mary, Sheens or Vicky are the gurus for this kind of thing. I'll go off and check my sig etc though in case I can help

OK - can you either pm me or post the URL for Jet's album (NB url should start 'http' & end 'html') plus the url for the photo you want in the sig pic

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Helloooo

Is that the pic you want for your sig...it needs to be smaller......go to your album open the pic then top right there is an option to resize type in a manual value of 250 or 300 and resize. Then use the url for that pic, as for your album link you will need to use a smaller url as it is too long with your sig pic.

If you post the link to your album in here I will see what I can do :D

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
The sig pic is too big. :p

I think the problem is that there are too many characters with both links together. There will have to be just one of them.

I had this problem and couldn't put both a pic and an album link together.

If someone knows how to overcome this then please let us all know. :p

:D

EDIT: Cross posted with Sheens. :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jets Album

Ok have worked it out

Jets Album

Copy the above and paste in your sig deleting the :D and any spaces in the text it leaves behind :D

You should be able to change the Jets Album bit if you want to call it something else :D

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
sheens said:
.....Copy the above and paste in your sig deleting the :D and any spaces in the text it leaves behind :D
I'll have to try that again. It didn't work for me last time. :?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bob it depends on if you have html in your album code or php...the php codes are longer and I can never get them to work...give me the link to your album & I'll have a look for you :D

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
If you still can't have a photo AND an album, then you need to make shorter links (as there is a character limit in a signature and it's likely you will go over it).

You can make shorter URLs for both the photo and the album link by going to www.tinyurl.com :)

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
sheens said:
Bob it depends on if you have html in your album code or php...the php codes are longer and I can never get them to work...give me the link to your album & I'll have a look for you :D
I'll have to make a new album first. :p
My old one was with OneTrueMedia and I don't have an account with them anymore.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It should work Ness as that is the same code as I have in mine or you may need to change the Gnome and Jet album name to just Jet in your album properties as that will shorten it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No that's photo link....I have done your album link...see post a couple of items back :D Try & do your sig resize :D

Tell you what...I'll pm you :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There you go all done :D ...beautiful pic of Jet by the way :D

I have put your link above the pic as it makes it slightly easier when you want to change your sig to dlete the img code and replace it :D I also renamed your albun name to make the url shorter you may have to save a new link to it in your favourites if you have one there :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HUGE Thank you to Sheens for sorting me out I really am a complete numpty when it comes to photos and links.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
I did start off trying to help, took the pic and was going to resize it on my puter, it decided it wasn`t going to play ball and shut down on me 8O , by the time I got back Sheens had started to help, so I left her to it, much better just having one person saying how to do something :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sheens didn't just tell me how to do it, she very kindly did it all for me and as if by magic it all appears beautifully at the bottom of my posts. :D :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts