Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry not to sure where to post this.....

Harvey over the last 2 weeks has been sick twice each week, food comes up as it went down undigested, is anyone elses dog sick on a regular basis, he constantly eats grass......

Am i giving him to much to eat he is still on 3 meals a day?

I have recently started to leave him with my son while i am out at work, and he is usually sick the next day (is this a separation thing)?

Went to first odedience class on tuesday, Harvey got in the car and was sick after the class?

How would i know if he had eaten something he shouldn't have done and has got a blockage?

Lots of things are going through my head surely if there was something wrong with him he would vomit all the time?

he is 22 weeks on Monday, full of energy all the time, running around like a loony so no worries with that.

Mandy

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Does he tend to bolt his food? Bracken occasionally vomits her food back up if she's gobbled it too quickly. For a while I put a kong in her dish so she had to eat round it and that slowed her down (she didn't have the common sense to just lift the kong out first!)

He was perhaps sick after obedience, because he'd been working/exercising but also being given food rewards (this is how the class I go to works anyway), and this combined with the movement of the car made him sick??

What are his poos like? How's his weight (i.e. is he losing?) Is his worming etc up to date?

What age is your son? Is there any chance of him feeding the dog things he shouldn't??

If it's only twice a week, I probably wouldn't worry at all. Although others who know more about these things will be along shortly to advise.

I think if he had a blockage he wouldn't be poo-ing v well and might try to be sick more frequently than he is? (Don't know though, I've never had a dog with a blockage).

Sorry, I'm not much help!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

No he never bolts his food, this morning i put his food down and he walked away i guess he must have felt sick, so i added a bit of tuna and he gobbled it up and within 10 mins he has vomited it back up.

My son is nearly 22 so knows what he can and can't give him (i have very strict rules about feeding, walking, playing when i am not there to do it myself) i know my son has followed the rules.(but have asked him just the same, and he as given nothing different).

Poos are well formed 2 or 3 times daily, this is the norm.

He is not loosing weight, and worming is up to date, due for another worming in the next week.

Everything is as it should be but was woundering why he has been sick as often as he been over last 2 weeks, i get a little paranoid, i may be reading to much into it, but the way i see it is if something is wrong then i want to act on it ASAP.

Thank you

Mandy

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Im not sure if im right in what im going to say but this might help you out.

You mentioned that he will walk away from his food if he doesn't want it and that it was undigested.
We used to have this problem with Diesel. He wouldn't touch his food and was sick once / twice a week. We noticed his food was undigested. He had a fit one day and everything came back up, totally undigested.

We changed his diet after advice from the vet. We have not had a problem since. We put his food down and hes straight in there. Its good to see him enjoying his food again. Hes had no sickness or fits since. His poos are normal still and he looks a lot better.

I agree with Mo about being sick after being in the car but as for during the day he may have a sensitive tummy.

I hope it settles down soon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts