Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

Just wondering if anyone has had this before?

Jess was sick yesterday morning it was like a yellow foam stuff that came up and she never ate her food which is unusual. I tried again to give her a little food at tea time last night and she ate that after looking at it for a little while.

She seemed pretty lethargic yesterday and fine today so i gave her her breakfast this morning and she ate it no problems but then i took her out for her walk and when we came back she threw up the whole lot in 2 massive piles.

She is now sleeping in her bed and looks pretty down in the dumps so i have to take her to the vet this afternoon.

I was wondering if anyone has had there dog throw up the yellow foam before?

Thanks

Gordon

·
Registered
173 Posts
aawww.... sorry to hear Jess isn't well. :(

I think the yellow foam or liquid is probably bile from throwing up on a mostly empty stomach. There's loads of reasons why she could be vomiting so I think it makes sense to check with the vet.

We saw something very similar with Edie when she was much younger. The vet finally determined she most likely had swallowed a large piece of rawhide and was having trouble digesting it but couldn't bring it up either. He prescribed an antiemetic for a few days and we had to watch her very closely for any symptoms of an obstruction. Those were a few long, worrisome days...... needless to say we don't feed rawhides anymore.

I hope everything goes alright with the vets and Jess is feeling better very soon!

G

·
Yes Corrie did this once right in the middle of a BBQ just as everyone had sat down to eat. I took him to the vets who gave him something to stop him from being sick and he was right as rain in no time. After that I just fed him light food for a couple of days, rice with scrambled egg, rice with chicken etc

I think the yellow colour is from the bile but not 100% sure!

Hope Jess feels better soon.

Sam

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks folks

The rawhide makes sense because we gave her one on sunday that she choked on but then managed to swallow.

I'll mention that to the vet, it might not have went right through.
I think we'll give the rawhide a miss from now on anyway.

Thanks

Gordon

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi

Took Jess to the vet's and he checked her out and she has an infection in one of her anal glands so it's no food for a day and a couple of tablets and wait and hope she hasn't swallowed a foreign object.

Fingers crossed!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts