Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just by coincidence I see there is another topic on here today about scent and being spayed, how very odd as I was only talking to my OH this morning about Happy and said I'd post on here to see what all you boffins think!!!

She's not giving off any scent (as far as I am aware) but she has been behaving a little oddly the last couple of days.. she's been very restless at night and seemed quieter, she also sat on the stairs this morning and had a little cry... :( :( For no reason that we could think and it was very pitiful!!!

The only thing I could think of is that she would be due a season about now if she hadnt been spayed in Feb and she used to suffer with horrible phantoms which seem to be where her behaviour is heading, so..... could she STILL suffer with them or is this just a huge coincidence and may just be down to something else that we havent found out yet? Other than that she is healthy as can be and had lovely runs and plays with her Lurcher friend Gertie today so isnt poorly!

Complex creatures at times arent they!! :wink:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Yeah it was me who posted the other thread about scent. Treacle has also been a bit off and seems to be weeing more frequently like she would if she was in season. Very strange isn't it!

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are odd creatures aren't they!! One of the main reasons I had her spayed was because of her phantoms and if she's blimmin well going to carry on having them I'm annoyed that we could've had a litter!!!!!

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
Luna was spayed last Dec and yet has just come into season. We're just waiting to have blood tests carried out to check hormone levels. I've been told that it could be that the vet who spayed Luna left a bit of ovary behind which is meaning she still gets hormones telling her to season etc. She should be unable to carry pups as uterus should have been removed but is still at more risk from all the cancers, phantoms and of course randy males! See thread:

http://www.labradorforums.co.uk/ftopict-65918-.html

I wasn't aware that there was this kind of complication possible so it might be worth keeping an eye on Happy next time her season would've been due.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts