Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm not sure if it's ok to ask this question on here and if not please delete it if inappropriate.
I'm looking for a show type labrador puppy from show champion parents.
If anybody could steer me in the right direction it would be appreciated.
Great site btw.

·
Administrator
21,305 Posts
Hello Antob,

We cannot mention breeders by name, as that is considered advertising. By the flag I assume you are in Ireland? There used to be a succession of shows in Ireland, several shows over a week and many show people from GB used it as a holiday with their dogs. But of course, with Covid that kind of thing has been on hold. Many of the top kennels advertise on the net, so one possibility is to look through for a stud dog of your choice, then phone or email (Phone is better, it's more personal) and ask what their plans are, what bitches they have coming to their dog. It's often easier to go down the route of looking at stud dogs than it is looking at the bitches because you then have a chance to get in early and book a pup before it's even conceived, Although working rather than show, I booked my Amy the week before she was conceived and with Chloe, she was booked in the September before she was born in February. These days it's quite normal for breeders to have waiting lists well before the pups are born.

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Have a look on Champdogs and breed club websites, that will give you an idea of the sort of breeder to approach.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Antob,

We cannot mention breeders by name, as that is considered advertising. By the flag I assume you are in Ireland? There used to be a succession of shows in Ireland, several shows over a week and many show people from GB used it as a holiday with their dogs. But of course, with Covid that kind of thing has been on hold. Many of the top kennels advertise on the net, so one possibility is to look through for a stud dog of your choice, then phone or email (Phone is better, it's more personal) and ask what their plans are, what bitches they have coming to their dog. It's often easier to go down the route of looking at stud dogs than it is looking at the bitches because you then have a chance to get in early and book a pup before it's even conceived, Although working rather than show, I booked my Amy the week before she was conceived and with Chloe, she was booked in the September before she was born in February. These days it's quite normal for breeders to have waiting lists well before the pups are born.
Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts