Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My dog ben started on pedigree puppy complete and is now on pedigree junior. I read in a lab book some reasons to change your dogs food and noticed one. Ben is very (sorry to say this) windy! My old dog was'nt that bad but ben is! Is it labs or should i change his food?????
He has not had any other problems with it except this. :badairday:

cristina

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Hi Cristina
I suppose it depends on how much you can tolerate it :D :D :D
I have just fostered a boy who had terrible wind, unfortunately, he had a sensitive tum too, so I was limited to what I could give him. A change of diet may well help. I don't know the ingredients in Pedigree, but I'd avoid ones with high cereal / soya content.
HTH :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Years ago I had a collie that I fed pedigree chum, I used to take her to work with me and she could evacuate out a 2000sq ft workshop when she farted! :lol:

Having said that, Harvey isnt much better! .. I feed him JWB and he is pretty pungent at times, where we sit in the lounge is known as "windy corner" by the rest of the family :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I use Burns for my 2 Labs and when I foster I also change them over to it for numerous reasons. They don't suffer from being windy and poos aren't as accumulative plus it's a healthy free range dry food.
Just remember that if you do change to another diet to do so over 5-10 days to avoid an upset tummy.
It's not easy but my 2 only get treats once a week as they don't need them and I'm the one who feels good about it. They could care less!
Good luck with the wind,
Cav.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Cav,

Thanks for the advise but I posted this a while ago now and I have since changed his food to purina pro plan adult, which he seems much better on. :D

Cristina

·
Registered
16,475 Posts
Oww pedigree chum and smelly wind they go together like marshmellows and hot chocolate....
Hershey was on Pedigree when he was a baby I changed it quickly the smells coming from him were awful he even got disgusted with himself and once he smelt it moved across the room.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts