Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bruce is nearly nine months and has been on pro plan large breed robust puppy food as this is what he was on from his breeder . He is doing fine on this food he's in great condition and has no tummy problems . I was thinking of changing off pro plan just because I know the ingredients aren't the best but is it best to take a if it's not broke don't fix it approach ? I would hate to start stomach problems . The food I was thinking of changing to would be james wellbeloved but I'm confused as to whether he would need the junior food or just to go straight to adult and does he need large breed food ? This feeding malarkey is a minefield !

Claire x

·
Administrator
20,503 Posts
What you feed is very much up to you, but at 9 months old I'd certainly move over to an adult food.

Regards, John

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
IF I was in your situation, I would change to the adult version first and see how he goes on it.

As you say he is doing so well it would be a shame to mess with that situation. He may not like it, or do so well and then you would be looking at a change anyway.

If he adjusts easily to the food change then in a few months you could slowly make the change you want IF you still feel the same.

It is a minefield with so many choices and options, so it does have to be down to what suits your dog, and your pocket.

Mandy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts