Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My great aunt Pamela Bush used to own a Lab kennel called Shirewood in the 60s-80s. I was just wondering if anyone of the existing kennels still had any Shirewood in them, but I think it might be a bit too late. Would love to find a puppy that had some in though!
I know she used to use the Sandylands studs a lot, and she did a lot with another kennel called Mallard Hurn?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
Hannah

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
Mallardhurn is all one word. A well respected kennel in the 50's and 60's. They used stud dogs from such kennels as Ballduff, Lawnwoods, Poppleton, Landyke and Sandylands. Shirewood Silver Snowdrop was by Eduny Sandpiper out of Shirewood Silver Mistletoe. I don’t have Snowdrop’s date of birth, but his sire was born 1/2/1969, so obviously he must have been born in the 1970’s.

As to your question on another thread. He produced 3 litters, but interestingly only one dog from each litter is recorded. The first litter I don’t have a date of birth or record of the bitch he mated, but the pup’s name was Fenhan Beauty. The second litter was born 15/6/77, the bitch was Gameworthy Teazle and the pup’s name I K Brunnel. The third litter was born 4/8/78 and the bitch was Barnhaven Sally, the resultant pup being Sallinzking Maid.

Sallizking Maid was mated to Glencoin Digger of Saddleworth and produced 3 pups, Benjamin Kyabram of Offa, Benjamin of Btoadway and Farsands Mark. There are no progeny recorded for any of that litter.

I K Brunnel was mated to Bonny Bonnet and produced 8 pups. But the only one who produced any offspring was Nimble Rumba Of Bonzer.

Nimble Rumba Of Bonzer was mated twice to Brightwalton Born A Star producing a total of 15 puppies. The only one of those pups to continue the line was Suchard of Boston. She was mated twice, the first time on the 27/11/1995 to Lougin Brown Bomber producing 6 pups. The second time to Larkvalley Understudy on 23/9/1996 producing 7 pups. Out of those 15 pups only one was bred from. Terlends Lady Of Grays produced 1 litter of 7 pups on the 1/11/99. Sadly none of those pups were bred from so the line is gone forever. Most of the pups were chocolate and obviously sold to the pet market.

Of stud dogs used several are well known, Glencoin Digger of Saddleworth, Brightwalton Born A Star, Lougin Brown Bomber and Larkvalley Understudy are all stud dogs with descendent still around, but of course they are not related to Silver Snowdrop.

John :)

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
As a thought for you, Snowdrop's sire Eduny Sandpiper is behind many of Di Stevens dogs including Wylanbriar Maybe Tomorrow, Sharon Rogers Woodmist Saffron and Alison Scutcher's Winsleywood Wild Honey to name just three that I know well. I think all three are dead now or at least past breeding age, but these people will have almost certainly know where these lines are now.

John :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts