Labradors Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 7 year old black lab sally since she was a puuppy she has had a skin allergy it makes her scratch and she has very flaky skin the vet said it is that she has to much bactiria in her skin over the years i have tryed so many shampoos but all make her itch like mad afterwards :-x does any body know of any product i can try thanks suzy and sally

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi there

Have you tried Johnsons tea tree shampoo for dogs and cats? we use this on Jess, It's anti bacterial, anti fungal and anti viral.

You have to dilute a little shampoo with 300ml of water then wash, rinse and repeat. This helps with fleas aswell as they hate the smell of the tea tree. It also helps make their coat look very shiny and she smells a lot better although we only use it once every three weeks or so.

We had tried a few other shampoo's but this is by far the best we have had.

Hope this helps

Gordon

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Tea tree oil shampoo sounds like a great idea. Do you think it might also help for dandruff? As Smudge is black we do notice quite a bit of it on him sometimes - should we be worried about this? It isn't there all the time so I can't be fully sure that it isn't just where he's been rolling in his bed or on the carpet.

All the best,
Nicola.

PS. I like Tea Tree Shampoo on my own hair - must buy the human type though!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Nicola

The tea tree shampoo contains aloe vera to soothe and calm skin irritations so it might help.

Sometimes Jess had a bit off dandruff after we washed her so we just started to make sure that we were rinsing her off properly and it seemed to go away.

Both pet shops in our area stock this brand of shampoo so hopefully you'll be able to get it fairly easily.

If not here is a link to their website where you can get it in the grooming aids in the dropdown menu in online catalogue.

http://www.johnsons-vet.com/products.htm

HTH

Gordon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.