Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good dog shampoo?
Ive tried a pets at home one, and then another one that i cant remember the name of, but it isnt getting rid of the outdoor doggy smell that molly and harvey have lingering on them and its not the nicest when they are in the house all the time now.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Sorry I can't reccomend a shampoo. I would try not to wash them often anyway as the shampoo will remove the natural oils from their coats meaning that when they are outside their coat will not be "weatherproof".

If the smell is bothering you I would be more inclined to put a couple of drops of tea tree in some water and pop in in a spray bottle, spritz a soft brush and give them a good groom with that when they are dry.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As someone who has tried tons of different shampoos for my dogs, I've finally found some of the best! Hartz makes my dog's fur so silky smooth and super soft, so I'll have to say that that's my favorite brand right now! Plus, my dogs always smell amazing now which is rare considering they love hanging out in dirt LOL!

Link removed by admin. Advertising is not allowed on this site without the site owners permission.

·
Administrator
20,743 Posts
I've not shampooed a dog for the last 60 years! I might tip a bucket of water over them on a hot day to cool off, but apart from that, a retrieve across the brook if they get muddy is all they get. Shampoos wash the natural oils out of the coat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts