Labradors Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
This story is of my boyfriends old Labrador Shadow, he said it was alright for me to tell you.
Last year on a wednesday morning he was walking Shadow in the local park, it's a safe park where people often take their dogs for walks. While walking her he took her off her lead and let run around as he often did. Then tragedy striked when a car full of drunk youths came crashing through the park gates and went straight into Shadow, she died there and then. She was only a year old.
It just proves that drink drivers not only wreck humans lives but animals aswell.
Jess
xxx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Im sorry to hear about shadow

I can only think how i would feel if that happened to Jess and i think i would throw them out of the car and run them over myself.

Makes you sick when you hear stories like this :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Boy, that upsets me. It makes me so mad. If some drunk killed my dog, I would be ready to punch them. About 20 years ago the little boy I used to babysit came out of church and was close to the road standing. Some drunk swerved and killed him right there at the church. His dad punched him out, too. That would be my first reaction. Brenda
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Hi
Shadow was my dog (I decided to join the forum). Believe me I found out where the guy lived, that was driving the car, and knocked him out! Violence never solves anything though, as he later told the police and I was the one that got into trouble even though he was the one that killed my poor Shadow! I feel better knowing he felt pain though! :D
And now I have Toffee and Popcorn (That are related to Shadow) I love them dearly but will never ever forget about Shadow as she was my first dog!
Chris :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Glad you made him pay somewhat. However, you should not have been the one in trouble. That is how it usually ends up though, the innocent guy is to blame. I know how you feel because I lost my beloved Lab Hunter last Fall and it was not expected. I still think about him every day. I have Angus now and he is helping me cope. I love Angus very much. No one will ever take Hunter's place though. I am so glad you have the other two dogs to keep you company and help you in your grieving process. Brenda
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,082 Posts
That's an awful thing to happen and I would just be so devastated if anything like that happened to my Corbie. And why is it the guilty never get punished when something like that happens?

Glad you now have a couple more lovely dogs (and they sound very mischievous having just read your story about them and your breakfast :D ).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Karen said:
(and they sound very mischievous having just read your story about them and your breakfast :D ).
I tell you what Karen I've had them just under a year and I've just moved into my own house and the stories I could tell you of stuff they did when I moved! Mischievous isn't the word lol!

And to Brenda I understand what you went through with your dog. It's dreadful. It's nice we can share stories of our dogs past and present on this website!
Chris :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,556 Posts
Brenda said:
I know how you feel because I lost my beloved Lab Hunter last Fall and it was not expected. I still think about him every day. I have Angus now and he is helping me cope. I love Angus very much. No one will ever take Hunter's place though. I am so glad you have the other two dogs to keep you company and help you in your grieving process. Brenda
It must have been terrible. I found it hard enough to come to terms when my last Lab, Gillie, had to be put to sleep at the ripe old age of 14, after the effects of a tumour. In the end, he went downhill quite quickly, and went to the vets one evening, where they kept him overnight, but wernt optimistic. The next morning I had the phone call that I'd been dreading, that he was no better and it would be best to end his pain. I was lucky enough to be with him as he went, with his noble head on my lap, but it hurt like hell for over a year. Finally, my wife Liz, almost bullied me into going and seeing a local litter of pups, and April '98 we chose Shadow. I was always worried that Shadow would take replace Gillie, but Shadow is so different, you can't compare the two, and it was the best thing I could have done! Sorry to ramble on, but no-one understands your grief when a loved dog dies except other dog lovers.

Cheers,
Paul.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Paul, Thanks for sharing your story with us. It just helps to have other people that know exactly how you feel. I was talking to another Lab lover this morning. She had to put her Lab down last year. We had a good cry together. It still hurts after all this time has past. Most of the time I can talk now without crying but sometimes it just gets the best of you yet. It is something you never totally get over. Brenda
 
G

·
Dizzy said:
Hi
This story is of my boyfriends old Labrador Shadow, he said it was alright for me to tell you.
Last year on a wednesday morning he was walking Shadow in the local park, it's a safe park where people often take their dogs for walks. While walking her he took her off her lead and let run around as he often did. Then tragedy striked when a car full of drunk youths came crashing through the park gates and went straight into Shadow, she died there and then. She was only a year old.
It just proves that drink drivers not only wreck humans lives but animals aswell.
Jess
xxx
i am really sorry but drunk driers are just stupid :-x :-x i just want peple to realise tht they are inangering lives :-x :-x It is actually ilegal to drink and drive so they should take notice and do it :-x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
such a sad story Dizzy, and shadow was only one. how cruel. the yobs who did that should be locked up and the key thrown away. shadow r i p.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
OwnedByPopcorns said:
Hi
Shadow was my dog (I decided to join the forum). Believe me I found out where the guy lived, that was driving the car, and knocked him out! Violence never solves anything though, as he later told the police and I was the one that got into trouble even though he was the one that killed my poor Shadow! I feel better knowing he felt pain though! :D
And now I have Toffee and Popcorn (That are related to Shadow) I love them dearly but will never ever forget about Shadow as she was my first dog!
Chris :wink:
maybe violence never solves anything (me being from the country of gandhi would sternly beleive in that) BUT I CARE A DAMN BEAT THE S**# out of such ppl is what i beleive.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top