Labradors Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Baymax, b.Nov2020
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well you might think I'm talking about the dog's anxiety but rather this time I'm sheepishly asking about my family's anxiety in leaving lil' Baymax for two weeks.

We really love this doggie and live working at home with him so not being with him is a brief and rare experience for example going out to a restaurant for a couple of hours, and boy are we ALL happy to meet again.

This summer for a number of reasons we're going on holiday in full August, a very hot month here in Italy, and renting a camping car.

We believe bringing Baymax along would cause several problems amongst which the most problematic would be the chance of him nibbling at the rented camper's furniture, but also being very hot (no air conditioning) and needing to avoid quite a lot of venues that do not allow dogs.

Therefore we decided to leave him home, with my sister in law which he knows very well and love. She will move in with him and they'll spend those couple of weeks at home together.

At the same time this rational choice is a bit hard for us and we dearly hope he'll forgive us :)

Anybody went through this already? Suggestions? Thank you all.

Registered
Awww, how sweet! I think he will be much happier at home with your sister in law - you will miss him hugely, but think of the reunion you'll all have 馃榾

Administrator
I can understand your worries. Why not try leaving him with your sister in law just over night? Two things, 1/ it would give your SIL the opportunity to experience the whole thing, and 2/ it would give Baymax the experience of realising that everything is fine and that you are back with him very soon. Then when the real thing happens he will be aware of whats happening and that you have not really left him.

Premium Member
I hate leaving mine. I鈥檓 lucky that I have a lovely French friend who has Kennels where Freddie goes. He just loves it and my friend loves Freddie because he鈥檚 always so happy. I usually get a housesitter to stay at my house to look after the girls.

This is Freddie having his first try out in my friends dog swimming pool yesterday. I don鈥檛 think he鈥檒l want to come home!

Registered
Baymax, b.Nov2020
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all for letting me feel less of an anxious owner :)

@JohnW great idea thanks. Just planned a lovely weekend over here to try and see how Baymax and SIL get along :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts