Labradors Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. We have Two labradoodles one has no doodle just lab . They are both fantastic 10 month od dogs brother and sister from the same litter. They are crated at home for bed etc and in the boot with a guard . However Olive the lab has eaten 4 rear seatbelts .I Could cry. They have toys etc loads of exercise .I have had to put the crate in the boot also but they look cramped . Any suggestions !!!!!

·
Administrator
21,661 Posts
Of course, it depends on the size of your car. I have a Volvo 940 (25 years old, had from new!) and have a Barjo car crate in the back. Plenty of room for two dogs and I know they are safe.

Within reason, the smaller the area the better. In the event of an accident they will not be thrown around so much. But I have to ask, if they are behind a dog guard how do they get to the seat belts?

·
Premium Member
9,142 Posts
Crate every time but make sure it’s a crash tested version not just a wire crate. A little cramped isn’t a problem for just short journeys.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I'm assuming your crate isn't a custom fitted one?
Although they're rather expensive a custom fitted crate would be your best option, they give the most room yet keep the car's fittings safe from chewing dogs.
I have a TransK9 in my car, which I would highly recommend, but there are plenty of other makes, Lintran, Barjo, Guardsman.

Reactions: Maddie

·
Premium Member
9,142 Posts
Grille Dog Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle

Another vote for TransK9

1 - 5 of 5 Posts