Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

As previously advised (in my welcome e-mail) I do not have a lot of experiance in owning labs. Please bear with me :)

Coco my 9month old chocolate lab has just come in to season, I would be grateful if somone could answer a few questions for me.
How long does the season last?
How much discharge is there likely to be?
What is welping?

I am sure these are really basic questions and i feel a little embarressed asking them but I am sure i will get the support from someone out there?!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also would like to know if i should treat her any different, I am giving her lots of love and attention as she is looking a bit sorry for herself.

Is it still ok to take her out?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi, lisa regarding the dog season right she will be on season for 15-21 day and when the discharge turn to a very deep brown dont let her out as this is when she would be most fertile also there is not alot of blodd discharged put her on a quilt cover or her favourite place will a blanket or what ever she normally lays on

Dont treat her any different she will eat sleep and everything else as normal
as cocca is 9months old she is able to breed but really your best waiting till cocca has 3 seasons then her milk ducts are ready for her litters
hope this information helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts