Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my youngest bitch lab had her first season 5th April 2019 , so have been expecting her second season but there is no sign of it ( her mother is usually every 6.5mth) . Never had a bitch dog before go this long between seasons . At what point would I need to be concerned regarding no second season (She was 13 mth at first season)

·
Administrator
20,383 Posts
I've had everything from 14 months between, (Mandy) to 5.5 months between, (Chloe.) If she was 13 months to her first season then there is a good chance she will continue to cycle around that time, so you could be waiting until May. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had everything from 14 months between, (Mandy) to 5.5 months between, (Chloe.) If she was 13 months to her first season then there is a good chance she will continue to cycle around that time, so you could be waiting until May. :)
Thank you John , I did wonder if she was going to cycle differently as never had a girl come into season as late as 13 mth , always had 4mth , 6mth and 8 mth between with my other girls . At least I don't need to worry yet about it thankfully. Will see what the next couple of month bring us .

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
I was counting up earlier, I can't believe it's as many as nine bitches I've had now, but they've all been different. Indie was a regular six months, Tau slightly longer between seasons but still regular, and Zasa was whenever she felt like it. The others have all been rescues except for Rhuna who was a once a year girl. It seems like there's not many who read the text book, so I'd say just bide your time with your second girl, she'll come in when she's ready, just keep a close eye on her.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was counting up earlier, I can't believe it's as many as nine bitches I've had now, but they've all been different. Indie was a regular six months, Tau slightly longer between seasons but still regular, and Zasa was whenever she felt like it. The others have all been rescues except for Rhuna who was a once a year girl. It seems like there's not many who read the text book, so I'd say just bide your time with your second girl, she'll come in when she's ready, just keep a close eye on her.
Thank you Tarimoor she definitely has not read the text book haha. Will keep an eye on her and look out for the usual signs . I have a neutered male so he usually gives me signs that one of the girls are coming in season . Hopefully she will come in soon over next couple of month . Just was not sure how long was too long to wait so it good that I have had some helpful replies and that I need not worry yet as still time it will come over next couple of month .

·
Administrator
20,383 Posts
The longest I've known was 18 months, (though not one of mine.) The old wives tail was that if they went over a year then the chances are they would be baron. But believe me, that really is an old wives tail. I've known several who have cycled well over a year who have produced litters quite happily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts