Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I might not be on the right board but I'm new to this site and in fact, new to forums so please forgive me if I don't really know my way round yet. I am looking to buy a Labrador puppy as our new family pet, and am specifically looking for a "fox red" colour Lab. Is there a particular board on this site where breeders list any litters they have available?
I have tried the KC website and contacted many breeders through their lists but to no avail.
Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Go on to Champ Dogs and find lab breeders near you and contact them.

From what I believe there isn't a standard "fox red" colour Lab.

Lab's come in Yellow, Black and Brown standard colours. It's the Yellow however that can be from 'white cream' to 'fox red'. Thus; you can't actually get a litter of 'fox red'. You will need a Yellow Sire & Dam and hope that a 'fox red' comes from that litter.

I Think ......

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Fox reds are registered as yellow, and it is currently quite popular simply because it seems rare, and it therefore becomes desirable. Chocolates have been the same for a number of years and has led to them being bred from by puppy farmers etc.

If you do look on champdogs, bear in mind you still need to research, research, research. Look for a breeder who not only does all the health tests, but also offers a *life time* back up, so you can remain in touch with them should you have any queries/concerns etc. The Kennel Club also lists litters of pups available.

Whatever you do, don't view a litter until you're fully satisfied with the breeder, and even then be prepared to walk away if you feel *something* isn't right. Good luck with your search :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts