Labradors Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poor Scooby, he followed me into the stable today where my new horse was eating his tea. :(

The next second there was lots of yelping so I ushered Scooby in the house and checked him over. He didn't like being touched on the left side of his face. His eyes went droppy and he was very unusually quiet. His head looked a wierd shape on the left so I got him down to the vets (where he livened up!).

Fortunately he just has bad bruising near his eye but nothing broken and his eye is fine, just a bit bloodshot. He had a painkilling injection and eyedrops.

I am so relieved he is okay. :) I have been feeling really guilty. My other horses are okay with him and so has been the new horse but I suspect he tried to pinch a carrot from his feed bowl and paid the penalty.

In future, I will keep him out of the stable when they are eating their tea.

·
Registered
880 Posts
poor scooby, im sure he'll try any get lots of sympathy for it tho, when richey had his op on his tail and had a white bandage on the tip of his tail people just laughed!
Anna

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Aww, poor Scooby I hope he gets better soon.

I know how he feels, it happened to me when I was younger and had my pony ... the day before a show I must add, and I was cleaning out his hooves at the time and he kicked to get rid of a fly that was bugging him - had a nice bruise on my forehead :lol:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
clairiscrazy said:
awww poor scooby bet he will not pinch a carrot again soon..lol..hope he feels better soon
I don't know - he is a lab after all :lol:

He was a bit wary around this particular horse this morning but not around the others. He still has swelling and his jaw is a bit stiff - he did not want to eat his breakfast. I gave him one kibble and then promptly forgot about achy jaw and eagerly ate the rest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts