Labradors Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We've been walking Harvey for a while now, and we walk everyday by a very busy road. Along this road he sees every vehicle you can imagine - lorries, tractors, diggers etc, etc - and doesn't give them a second look.

But today I had to chuckle - he was frightened by a shopping trolley (you know the ones you pull along - usually tartan! :D ) He didn't like it at all!

I just wondered if any of your Labs were scared by the most unlikely things? :lol:

Best wishes

Fay

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi Fay,

Funny you should ask that question. Ben was in the garden this afternoon , pinching my washing and running off into the garden with it when a big gust of wind blew next doors washing over our fence! :lol: I had to laugh as ben dropped the sock and ran with his tail between his legs under our trampoline! :lol: Now he keeps looking at the washing lines!

Cristina

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
We have tractors, lorries, etc going along the main road near our house which Corbie walks along most days. Gets slightly frightened of the big trucks, but otherwise ok.

A couple of days ago there was a dead pheasant which had obviously very recently been hit by a car. Do you think Corbie would go near it?! Would he heck! daft thing... I had to push the pheasant onto the verge before he would continue along the path :lol:

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Karen :)

Did you explain he's a retriever :lol:

Hi Cristina :)

At least you might be able to put your washing out in peace :) Well maybe for a few days!

Fay

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
brandy is scared of frogs..lol..if i am digging my weeds out and happen to come across one brandy barks and runs a mile..lol..
mt cat brought one into the house last year and dropped it in ym living room as soon as it tryed to hop away from her brandy was out the room quicker than you could say frog..lol.

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
max is scared of birds. he was fine untill a blackbird took up residence in a small tree next to the garden. every time max goes out the bird screeches at him and max comes flying back and hides behind me :lol: big softie :oops:

jane and max

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Fay,

LOL to little Harvey, bless him! :lol:

We've had to laugh at Brad on occasions, his shadow or reflection really makes him jump! He just can't understand it at all and barks at it!

Other things that scare him include leaves blowing in the wind, and a strange one...certain floor surfaces :? Tiled floors, marble floors, whereby he stops still in his tracks and refuses to walk on them.... oh and bridges!

Julie

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
oh gosh yes brandy refusees to walk up a bridge were you can see through the steps if its a solid she is fine but if you can see the floor as you walk up its a huge NO NO..lol..saying that i dont like them type of bridges much myself so maybe she is sensing the fear from me..lol..

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi all

Smudge seems to be scared of our stairs. He will not go up them and in the morning when I open our bedroom door, ready to pick him up to take him down, he goes and hides at the other side of the bed!

Oh, and I'm not sure if he's scared, but he really barks at the hoover now!

The other day next doors cat was in our garden, and Smudge came running back in to his Daddy! The big softie!

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Shadow hates leaking water downspouts - as we walk up the road past the terraced houses during heavy rain, if one has a broken spout and the water is gushing out of it, poor old Shadow won't walk past it, but has to go around it via the middle of the road!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don't know if you would really call it scared, but Barney goes nuts if you sneeze! He hates the sound of anyone sneezing and barks like mad at you :lol: It can be funny, but if you genuinely are having a sneezing fit (like I sometimes do about 6 times off the trot) you have this massive lab jumping at you barking :D Other than that, I really cannot think of anything that scares him, he tends to run head strong into every situation and just deals with it when he gets there :!:

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
hi gordon,
max is the same with sneezing. as soon as he hears a sneeze he barks and then jumps round in circles before launching his self at at you and trying to kiss your nose :lol: it can be quite funny when my daughter comes round as she suffers with hay fever. max gets his days exercise in one go :D

jane and max

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ahh they all sound so cute with all their little fears :)

I forgot the mention the bus shelter around the corner from where we live :lol:

Fay

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
hi fay,
have just found something else that scares max 8O let him out as usual when we got up and he came to a complete stop just out side the door and started to whimper. when i looked out we have got a really thick fog this morning and you cant see the end of the garden :razz: so theres me in my pjs at 6am walking round the garden trying to convince max that "this is fun and nothing to be scared of" :lol: just hope none of the neighbours were watching :oops:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts