Labradors Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this little fella up this morning.

He has been such a good boy. He didn’t cry in the car, just slept. Been to the toilet in the garden for both, had food and is now sleeping! Seems so happy and bold, Not much more I can hope for at this stage.

Lenny’s pedigree.

I do plan to work him, so hopefully all that red will count for something!

Mark

·
Administrator
21,512 Posts
Oh my oh my! You are going to have fun with that heap of trouble!

You are in my territory here! I was taking a puppy class for the URC at Bears Rails and Peter Scott was sitting on a fallen tree, with Kite sitting on the tree beside him waiting his turn. Your pup is the image of Kite! There is actually quite a bit of Anne’s Endacott dogs in the background. If you follow Graham Roberts Raven back you will find he was sired by Endacott Soames of Riversway which he brought from Anne. Again Raven was out of Barbara Kuen’s Dolbrenin Sian. Sian was a pup when my Anna was a pup and I often watched her working at the URC training. She won an open trial, but missed out on her second win which would have made her up to an FT Ch. I remember Barbara tossing several dummies into a big patch of bracken for the class. Anna did a lovely retrieve when it was her turn, and after the rest of the class had tried Sian and Anna took turns to collect the dummies which had been missed.

Collaroybanks Willow was the Great Grandsire of my Chloe, as Craighorn Bracken was the great grandsire of my Amy! I do have a thing about Carol Clarke’s “Battle” litter of which Gettysburg was one. They were all wonderful dogs!

As a thought for you when you start training. The Endacott dogs can be a little sensitive, not liking heavy handling. But they are wonderful game finders. Anne always said that she did not want a dog she had to fight every inch of the way. But then, you also have Bracken who was a hard charger. I was talking to Kate Smith one day and happened to say about his wonderful Championship and how I don’t believe Tom Smith (no relation) had needed to blow his whistle once during the whole trial, and Kate’s reply was, “That might have been a good thing because Bracken may well not have stopped anyway! So it’s quite possible that the hard charging Bracken might well counteract the more sensitive Endacott dogs. But time will tell, and training always needs to be modified around the character of the dog.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
You've found a cracker! All the very best of luck with him.

Reactions: MarkH

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh my oh my! You are going to have fun with that heap of trouble!

You are in my territory here! I was taking a puppy class for the URC at Bears Rails and Peter Scott was sitting on a fallen tree, with Kite sitting on the tree beside him waiting his turn. Your pup is the image of Kite! There is actually quite a bit of Anne’s Endacott dogs in the background. If you follow Graham Roberts Raven back you will find he was sired by Endacott Soames of Riversway which he brought from Anne. Again Raven was out of Barbara Kuen’s Dolbrenin Sian. Sian was a pup when my Anna was a pup and I often watched her working at the URC training. She won an open trial, but missed out on her second win which would have made her up to an FT Ch. I remember Barbara tossing several dummies into a big patch of bracken for the class. Anna did a lovely retrieve when it was her turn, and after the rest of the class had tried Sian and Anna took turns to collect the dummies which had been missed.

Collaroybanks Willow was the Great Grandsire of my Chloe, as Craighorn Bracken was the great grandsire of my Amy! I do have a thing about Carol Clarke’s “Battle” litter of which Gettysburg was one. They were all wonderful dogs!

As a thought for you when you start training. The Endacott dogs can be a little sensitive, not liking heavy handling. But they are wonderful game finders. Anne always said that she did not want a dog she had to fight every inch of the way. But then, you also have Bracken who was a hard charger. I was talking to Kate Smith one day and happened to say about his wonderful Championship and how I don’t believe Tom Smith (no relation) had needed to blow his whistle once during the whole trial, and Kate’s reply was, “That might have been a good thing because Bracken may well not have stopped anyway! So it’s quite possible that the hard charging Bracken might well counteract the more sensitive Endacott dogs. But time will tell, and training always needs to be modified around the character of the dog.
“..that heap of trouble!” 😲😂😂

Thank you for the background information on the pup, and replying to my countless messages - helped us so much in finding, what we hope, is the right dog for us.

Point noted, re Endacott and Bracken, will be interesting to see how he turns out.

·
Premium Member
9,084 Posts
He’s a fine looking fellow. None of the names in his pedigree mean a lot to me as I favour the dark side (show) and I don’t live in the UK 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

·
Premium Member
9,084 Posts
The grandfather of my yellow in my picture was a dual champion though…that’s the closest I’ve got 🤣🤣🤣

1 - 8 of 8 Posts