Labradors Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My OH Raymond has been growing vegetables in the garden, and he's been doing really well. So far we've had potatoes, strawberries, courgettes, lettuces, runner beans and a plentiful supply of fresh herbs.

We have lots of tomatoes too, just waiting for them to ripen (all green at the moment, except one). He has been proudly watching his pumpkins growing, and on Saturday morning decided to take a photo for his folks to see how well one of them was doing.

We then went inside for a cup of coffee. Sammy was outside, but that's normal - sometimes he likes to lie in the sun for a while so we didn't think anything of it. After some time he walked into the lounge with a really guilty look on his face, stopped in the doorway and looked at us in a way that says can you follow me. I went outside with him, not sure what I was looking for but I think you can probably tell where this is going...

Our angelic dog who never does anything wrong (well, usually) had decided to feast on Dad's prize pumpkin. Raymond was furious with him as I'm sure you can imagine, and didn't talk to him for the rest of the day. I had to act all stern, and try not to laugh (but it was really funny so I couldn't help a secret smile). I called the vet to ask if he would be ok, and they said he'd be fine but just to keep an eye on him because if he’d swallowed large chunks he might get a blockage, but he suffered no ill effects other than feeling extremely full!

Here’s what was left.

Raymond will be building a fence around his produce next year to keep out naughty Labradors!!

Oh dear :D

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
hee hee

finn says Well Done mate! he prefers gooseberries or strawberries but pumpkin sounds good too :lol:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:lol: :lol: at the 5-a-day!!

I've warned him that he'd better lock Sammy in the house when it's time to pull up the carrots. I can just imagine him thinking "Hmm, so that's where carrots come from...". :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts