Labradors Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
I think it's worth keep bumping this - I was really surprised that two people at dog training yesterday didn't know about anti-freeze .. and a little old lady with two elderly chocolates (one was in amazing nick for 14 years old!) out in the high street

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I use a product called "Mushers secret" on Kenko and Tetley if need be.Not only is it good for protecting paws in the Wintr from the above mentioned,but it protects against tarmac burn in the summer.Mushers use it on their Huskies.

·
Premium Member
3,262 Posts
I had a warm water shower hose and head fitted outside my utility room on the outside of the wall were the boiler is, it is fab for washing all the dogs down properly after a walk... keeps my hands from dropping off in the cold too!! we also have the added problem of Farmers drainage ditches that 2 of my lot love to run or swim in :( then 1 that loves to roll in fox poop :( so with those and the winter poisons it is one of the best additions we ever put in :) it also set at a constant warm heat so it cant get too hot :) xx

·
Registered
11,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I might try some of that Mushers Secret Julian as Sam gets sore pads. Helen that sounds brilliant I have told my dad he ought to fit one for us :)

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
I've also got an outside shower fitted for my dogs against the kitchen wall - with a thermostatic tap - its at a fixed temperature so it can never be too hot or too cold for the dogs....

What I really was going to say - good post Emma - needs to be bumped at the moment as not everyone is aware of the dangers...

·
Registered
5 Posts
With all the ice and snow and lots of newbies on the forum -

Beware of your dog getting salt and grit on their paws when out for a walk or if you put it on your paths - it is dangerous for a dog to ingest a lot of salt so keep a close eye on them and make sure they aren't licking salt off the ground and wipe their paws when you get in so they don't lick it off them either.

Also be aware that antifreeze is poisonous to dogs (and cats and children...) but apparently has a lovely sweet taste so be careful that your dog doesn't have access to any, if you're filling up the car leave them indoors in case you spill it and keep it in a well sealed container preferably in the garage.

:)
If you are inexperienced, I recommend that you take your dog to the nearest dog care center. Will affect the health of your pet if this situation continues to occur.

·
Administrator
20,604 Posts
You do of course realise you have posted this on the hottest day of the year! I have a feeling there is not going to be any frost around tonight! :unsure:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts