Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi has anyone got any relatives of my Hope KC name Saintmathews Hussey D.O.B. 04/07/2013, we rehomed her and I have her five generation pedigree paper but no other information as to breeder etc.

·
Administrator
20,590 Posts
Sorry, cant tell you much. Basically she is from working lines. The affix means nothing to me, although there are quite a few dogs registered with that affix. Looking at the pedigree there are many unknown dogs, usually going back to a few known working dogs. The pedigree makes me think of a dog used on shoots mated to a dog used on shoots. Probably all good workers but not trialed so not well known. Several Birchams dogs, who are based in the Norfolk area are in the pedigree, so it's possible that Saintmathews is also in that area. But that's about all I can tell you.

Regards, John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi John,

Thanks very much for info, it makes sense that she possibly came from Norfolk area as we rehomed her from around the Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk area. The name of breeder on her certificate is Mrs P.A Johnson. Although I have had two labradors before neither have been kc registered so I don't understand the certificates as in knowing how many were in her litter, parents etc. I just thought it would be nice to know a bit of her background.

Kind regards,

Jac

·
Administrator
20,590 Posts
Sorry, I don't know a Mrs P A Johnson. Certainly she is not a member of the Labrador Retriever Club or the United Retriever Club, the two largest societies. (I'm a member of both and looked the name up in the membership list)

Including Hussey there was 9 in the litter, 6 bitches and 3 dogs. The others were:-

Bitches
Saintmathews Beretta
Saintmathews Laurona
Saintmathews Miroku
Saintmathews Perseus
Saintmathews Tolley

Dogs
Saintmathews Boss
Saintmathews Bruno
Saintmathews Webley

In case you don't recognise the names, all, with the exception of Bruno are gun manufacturers. Just in case you thought Hussey was named after a lady of ill repute, Harrison & Hussey produced some very nice, (and expensive) shotguns in the early 1900's! https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/shotguns/harrison-hussey Where Bruno comes into the naming I really don't know. As far as guns are concerned I know nothing to do with Bruno, but there were a whole host of smaller shotgun manufacturers before the first world war, mainly situated in the Birmingham area, so it's possible the breeder knows something I dont.

Her dam, Saintmathews Streetwalker had a total of 4 letters, all to Saintmathews Spindoctor. The first litter of 8 pups was born 19/1/2012, the second was your litter born 4/7/2013 litter, the third was a litter of 7 born 21/6/2014 and the fourth litter was born 5/6/2015 and was 4 pups.

Sadly no health tests were carried out on either sire or dam.

Regards, John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi John,

Wow thanks so much for this, we rehomed her in May 2014 and known nothing of her background apart from her needing a home due to a marriage break up.
It's lovely to know how many were in her litter etc. We did wonder about the Hussey - she certainly lives up to that name in some of her behaviour!

Thanks again for your help.

Kind regards,

Jac

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,590 Posts
She looks a sweetheart. She should also be quite clever, so make use of her brain. They love doing things with us.

John :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts