Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let you know Poppy was operated on this morning as she stopped eating yesterday and was being sick and uncomfortable.

She was operated on this morning by Tom Clarke in Leeds who found a tumour at the beginning of her stomach and along her lesser curviture. He tried to join up her tummy again but she was bleeding excessively and there wasn't enough tissue to join back together.

She is with us now and we will be going to the crematorium tomorrow.

Words cannot express how i am feeling, very angry at my other vets for not looking intot his sooner, but grieving like hell. I am missing her so much i cant write it into words.

We asked Tom if she had been operate on sooner if she'd have more of a survival chance and he couldn't say. He said even if she had been there can be cancerous cells that form in other body parts.

I just dont know what to do with myself here and feel life is not worth living with poppy. She was part of me and i hate the thought she slipped away on the operating table and spent her last night at the vets instead of at home.

Love Hazelx

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
oh hazel i am so sorry to hear this *hugs* i know right now you feel alone you have lost a good freind she will stay in your heart for a very long time ..

my tessa was put to sleep on the operating table aswell so i know how you feel also her cancer was not detected till that day she went for her op so yes i was angry with my vets aswell for this..

i can assure you this is all normal for you to be feeling lost/angry/guilty/depressed i cried for wat seemed forever ..in time the pain will heal i promise you that.. you have fond memorys of poppy and no-one can take that away from you remember her happy playfull times remember her lil cute ways remember her for how she was before she became ill

my thoughts are with you at this very very sad time im so sorry xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx we are all here for you if you need us
clair

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hazel

I don't know what to say either,it's so sad.

Remember we are here for you whenever you ever want to talk.

Kev

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Hi Hazel,

I'm so, so sorry, and can't even start to imagine how you feel.

You know we're all here for you,

Love Fay

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Just read your message and I'm really sorry to hear what has happened to Poppy. :cry:

Thinking of you at this difficult time, and everyone on the forum is here if you need us.

Big hugs...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hazel

I just popped on here and can't believe what I just read. I am not normally and emotional person but I am now in tears at the sadness and loss you must be feeling.

We are all thinking of you.

Tracey x

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi Hazel,

I'm so sorry to hear the bad news, not sure what to say but my thoughts are with you. If you need to chat we are always here, it is such a shock that she has gone.

Big hugs from me and ben xxxxxxx

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Hazel, just come in and found out the awful news, so, so sorry for you, you must be heartbroken. As everyone else has said, if you want a chat, we are all here and good listeners.

Thinking of you at this awful time,

·
Registered
272 Posts
I cant even imagine how you must feel Hazel - our thoughts are with you at this terribly sad time....... :(

1 - 20 of 46 Posts