Labradors Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys not been on for a while,what with one thing and another,ryleigh just felt i was tempting fate whenever i thought she was doing well,anyway just a question for you all, ryleigh came into season in april just after her first op,and now she has come into season again ,just need to ask is this normal, many thanks michelle. oh and forgot to mention we are going away to devon on monday should we take her she wont be off her lead.

G

·
Nice to hear she is doing well after her rough start.

I personally would want to get her checked over, as a season after 3 months is very close and not something I would class as "normal". I know some do cycle every 4-5 months-ish but 3 months is too close for comfort, for me anyway. Is she producing proper red blood, or is it brown and perhaps sticky/gooey, because if it is I'd have her to the vets asap, as this could be the starting of a Pyometra (womb infection).

As for taking her on holiday....I personally wouldn't take an in season bitch away. You won't be able to take her out while you are there and she will drip all over the place, which isn't nice for the owner of the property or for the dogs who come in afterwards (it'll drive the lads crazy). My priority would be to get her checked out before I went away though, just in case it is an infection rather than a season.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jules thankyou,it is proper red blood,just phoned the breeder and she said it would have been her meds that gave her a late first one,i thought 3 months was a little close,we are camping its our own tent, i don't no what to do now just gives me something else to worry about please advise

G

·
Oh gosh....ermm.....I assume there will be other dogs on the campsite, so I still wouldn't take her. I just have this mental image of all the boy dogs ripping their way into your tent during the night 8O . It is probably worse for the other dogs with you being in a tent, as there is nothing to stop the smell wafting out all the time, driving them potty...... And then where could you toilet her, as you'll have dogs from all over the place after her, especially if she pees in a public spot.

No I would definitely not take her....Far too many risky situations for all concerned. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks may have to leave her with my son,he is not going didn't want to do that thanks so much for your advice x

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rang the vets,they can give a injection but should have been given a month ago,this takes 5 days to kick in so that will be her most receptive time,is it a good idea. as anybody had any experience with this before thanks in advance michelle

G

·
I have no experience of stopping a season, well not unless it's before it's started. I can't see how that would help matters really, as she will still be smelling realy good to all the boys, even if it does take her off the boil. Plus once you start mucking about with their hormones, you could be setting yourself up for future problems. JMO though. :wink:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i understand,i don't no what to do now,i will see what the vet says in the morning thankyou so much xx ps pickle is a fab looking dog

1 - 8 of 8 Posts