Labradors Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went to Northern Ireland for our summer holidays. It was where I was brought up and I hadn't been back for 35 years. I have some memories but I was stunned by how beautiful the Antrim Coast is.

It was a great place for a walking holiday and part of the attraction is that because so few people go you can have whole stretches of beach or countryside all to yourself. Rufus again shone as a dog you can take anywhere and he made lots of friends.

Only downside was Ireland can't really cope with you taking your dog into pubs. We had so many looks of disbelief that we would contemplate such an idea, so we ended up eating outside usually at beachside cafes or getting sandwiches.

Two pictures are the Giant's Causeway and the middle picture is of Rufus at Magilligan Point on a very windy day.

Yvonne

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
looks wonderful von, and i love the flappy ear photo, he is such a happy chappy your rufus!!!

ruby sends bites/licks!!!

jan and rubes xx

·
Registered
716 Posts
Great pics. Glad you had a great time. I'm sure you couldn't believe the change in NI in 35 years :D

I love the the Antrim Coast and the scenery is stunning.

"Only downside was Ireland can't really cope with you taking your dog into pubs. We had so many looks of disbelief that we would contemplate such an idea, so we ended up eating outside usually at beachside cafes or getting sandwiches. "

Yes that annoys me too!! Unfortunately pubs will not allow dogs were food is served , I mean Labs are very clean compared to some humans that frequent pubs. :wink:

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Enjoyed seeing your pictures. Although I visit N.Ireland a couple of times a year
I've yet to see Giant's Causeway.. its on the list though. Pity the pubs are not dog friendly.

·
Registered
470 Posts
vonandruf said:
We went to Northern Ireland for our summer holidays. It was where I was brought up and I hadn't been back for 35 years. I have some memories but I was stunned by how beautiful the Antrim Coast is.

It was a great place for a walking holiday and part of the attraction is that because so few people go you can have whole stretches of beach or countryside all to yourself. Rufus again shone as a dog you can take anywhere and he made lots of friends.

Only downside was Ireland can't really cope with you taking your dog into pubs. We had so many looks of disbelief that we would contemplate such an idea, so we ended up eating outside usually at beachside cafes or getting sandwiches.

Two pictures are the Giant's Causeway and the middle picture is of Rufus at Magilligan Point on a very windy day.

Yvonne
Hello Yvonne, I live in Northern Ireland, in County Armagh. What part of Northern Ireland do you come from yourself?

The last time I went to Giant's Causweway was in 2007. It's a very long drive from where I live to there but it is a lovely drive up along the Antrim coast.

Nice pictures of Rufus and I love the picture of him in your siggy. He looks so happy and healthy! Not forgetting his coat is shinning too!!

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Great photos Yvonne - glad you all had such a good time!!!

Eve Neo and Bramble

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Glad you enjoyed it and at least got the weather where you COULD eat outside with Rufus! It's lousy when it's pouring down and Dogs are not allowed. Lovely pics.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts