Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Great news, Ruby is being a pain in the arse!!!!!

Always wanting to stand up and get out of crate, pretending to need a wee to get a mini walk :lol:

Here's her walking tonight, just to show how quick they do bounce back, I think she's doing great

Big hugs to all pups young and old with poorly hips :D

Ruby this evening

also watch this if you want to see Bert and Ernie do gangsta rap on YouTube as it is VERY funny

Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street do gansta rap

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey isn't she doing well. You can see the spring in her step and without the lead and sling she would be off in a shot.

Just wondering why she has the patch on her side.......has she also had allergy testing?

Mac's tooth splinter does not seem to be lodged in his lung and the pulp showing is minute so we are going to watch and wait.

Keep us posted on Ruby's progress, she looks really well for only 2 weeks post op.

Healing vibes as always been sent

Juliet and Mac

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, she has for each op had a Fentanyl patch for pain relief....

Hence my patchwork dog!!!

Amazing how quickly they look non naked :lol:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Aah that explains the patch. When Mac had his elbow ops the vet wouldn't give him a pain relief drug patch because apparently there have been cases of owners taking them off their dogs, putting them on themselves and then OD'ing!!! You can't believe it, but apparently it goes on.

Hope Ruby continues to make good progress

Juliet and Mac

·
Registered
757 Posts
She's doing so well, and bet she can't wait to lose the sling now!

Loved the gangster video too, gave me a good giggle!!!!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
15,716 Posts
She's looking really good Gareth - she's trying to go faster than you! Such amazing, resiliant creatures aren't they?

Aah that explains the patch. When Mac had his elbow ops the vet wouldn't give him a pain relief drug patch because apparently there have been cases of owners taking them off their dogs, putting them on themselves and then OD'ing!!! You can't believe it, but apparently it goes on
8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Good to see Ruby doing so well Gareth, I thought she was wanting us to see her good side, must be going to her head being filmed all the time :lol:

Couldn`t view the Bert and Ernie properly my sound is going thru a non working stage again, will try that later

·
Registered
198 Posts
Well Ruby looks so well maybe she can spare you a few patches! I find that alcohol works just as well!!!

Seriously though, she looks great and is obviously wants to get going off lead.

When are you allowed to start doing that?

Mac loved Hydrotherapy so that is always an option to burn off that lab energy and also very good at building muscle around the joints.

Juliet and Mac

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
She's on the lead for 3 months.

Hopefully lead walking from tomorrow onwards.....

I will ask about rehab and when it begins too

I am REALLY looking forward to hydrotherapy, she loves the water!!!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sounds about the same as Mac and his elbows re: the lead walking time. Hydrotherapy is the way to go. We were lucky that the insurance covered £750 of complimentary therapy and all you had to do was get the vet to sign that is was recommended.

It does get frustrating when they seem to be right as rain again and wanting to go off lead and they don't understand why you don't let them. We were told that 5 mins of hydrotherapy is equivalent to 5 miles off lead. Mac used to do 20 mins in the pool 3 times a week and was shattered afterwards.

If you can go I would do so.

They love the water and if it is the same as Mac's centre they get a wash and blow dry as part of the cost!!

At least it is still the summer, Mac was lead walking in the winter which was a nightmare on icy pavements.

Really hope Ruby continues to make such good progress.

Juliet and Mac

·
Registered
9,913 Posts
Aww Gareth she is looking amazing, and only two weeks in...Glad someone asked about the patch though

When chester comes home he will also join the patch work dogs society, he has his belly shaved, she side shaved, his head and all four paws.lol

Love the crafty editing of the poo.

·
Registered
13,264 Posts
:D :D :D :D that made me smile Gareth

Isn't it amazing how quick they seem normal ................quite scary actually :lol: She's looking so well and happy bless her .........love her talking to us :lol:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Good girl Ruby!! She's so quick on her feet already! and those speech bubbles made me laugh out loud :D :D
That's great that she is improving so quickly.

·
Registered
422 Posts
so glad Ruby is starting to be a pain...thats when you know you've turned a corner and they are feeling more like themselves.She's walking really well now and seems to some how look happier and think she knows she's some what of a celebrity on you tube!!!!!!!!.Hopefully she'll be able to have some short walks out the garden soon.Bet when you got Ruby you didn't realise you'd be an OT aswell as a dentist.

well keep up the good work and be a good girl Ruby,keep it slow and steady.

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
Wow! Ruby looks raring to go again! She's recovered so well! Your description of her pretending to need a wee so that she gets a mini-walk made me chuckle as Luna used to do that all the time when she was on stress-fracture-healing-2months rest!! :lol: :lol:

These labs are not stupid!! I hope she continues healing at such a quick pace and Luna sends licks back to Ruby!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts