Labradors Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After such rave reviews of the zippy bed I decided to go ahead and buy one. Ruby's new bed arrived today but I have to be honest I dont' think she is that impressed. She seems to prefer her vet bed rugs on the floor!!!
I have put her fleece blanket on it for her to lie on and she just digs and pulls it off.

Any ideas anyone ?? How can I make her love it as much as I do ???

Chloe

·
Registered
426 Posts
funny.....I think Bug had kinda the same impression....he doesn't have too much choice - the zippy takes up most of the room in this den, but I certainly haven;t seen any estatic, legs in air, zonked out on back action - as we do on the sofa......

My thinking is that they will just get used to it!

g

A

·
0 Posts
Oh dear!!

It took Rueben a day or two to get used to his! It's quite noisy and it freaked him out to start with!! :roll:

I covered the mattress with a fleecy blanket and then put his old cushiony bed (which he hardly ever slept on) on the top. He loves it now and doesn't even attempt to get on the bed anymore!

Maybe she'll learn to love it!!

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
I set Luna's crate up in the hall yesterday after having it stashed away since moving house (thought a hall sideboard could be useful!). And since decrating her about 8/9months ago it hasn't really been used apart from as a toy store (and sideboard!). However, guess where my little pooch took her evening snooze yesterday!

Maybe leave it there for a few months, take it away for a spell and then return it to pride of place! Luna was well pleased to see her ol'pal!

J

·
0 Posts
Bailey wasn't at all impressed with his Zippy bed but i've left it in the lounge with his duvet in it & slowly he's started to go & lie in it. He actually fell asleep in it for about 10 mins the other day!! Secretly i think he does like it as he looks really comfortable stretched out in it :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ruby has gone in her new zippy bed a little more today but is still prefering the vet bed on the floor.

I think my daughter is enjoying going in it more!!! Today we took a picture of my 1 year old nephew and 4 year old daughter snugged up in it. Oh well at least someone is making use of it !!!

Chloe

·
Premium Member
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well we have had the new bed for almost a week now and Ruby is still not that taken with it.
I have tried putting various diff blankets etc on top for her to lay on but she just digs to get it out of the way. She has laid on it a couple of times without anything on top of the mattress but given the choice she will still opt for the floor or even go in her crate.
I wonder whether because she has never experienced sofa life she finds the bed a bit squishy compared to laying on the floor.

Does anyone have any idea why she is not bothered or tips on how I can encourage her to use it ?

Many thanks

Chloe

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I hate to tell you Chloe, but I had exactly the same problem when I bought Fife a new bed. I put the new one in the spot in the living room where he always lays, but then he went and laid on another bed. Tried everything - to no avail. In the end after a few weeks I gave up and let everyone else lay on it and Fife kept his old worn out bed. Gradually, and I couldn't tell you how long it took, he started to use the new one, and now he will happily lay on it. Maybe it needed to smell really doggy first! 8O We have a huge selection of beds to be slept on by 5 dogs, so perhaps he just didn't like the new smell. :roll:

I hope Ruby soon starts appreciating her luxury bed!!

Katy

·
Premium Member
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Katy

I am pleased to know that it isn't just my dog who's fussy!!!
Why don't they ever appreciate when they have it good heh ???

Chloe

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
It's my experience that dogs will find their own place to sleep, anytime I have tried to influence this it has not worked :roll:

I love the Zippy bed, though I doubt if Mac will feel the same!

Dogs eh? :wink: :roll:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts