Labradors Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ruby needs a new collar as the Rogz one she has has not worn very well, looks very grubby and smells !!!
I have an Ancol buckle one for her but it is too big and the next size down is too small.

I am not really looking for anything too fancy or expensive and something that will be suitable for everyday use. I know lots of LF people have a Red Dingo collar but I wondered how these wear- her Rogz collar didn't like brambles and pulled really easily.

I know these may be a silly questions but do people wash their dog's collar and what collars cope with the occasional dunk in the river the best ???

I look forward to hearing your response

Chloe

C

·
0 Posts
Ruby had a Rogz collar, it lasted a week before it looked fit for the bin :( she still has it as a spare but it really didn't wear well.

She now has a dublin dog collar which has proven to be pretty much indestructible! even after a week of non stop swimming in sea and rolling in the sand it still looks like new!

Edit: Her fabric collars i used to wash in the washing machine in an old sock, her Dublindog collars dont get washed unless shes rolled in something really gunky, and then i just rince it under the tap!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Red dingo all the way!! but if you have a dunker how about a dublin ???? try padfoot pets there is loads of choice on
Meg at the mo has 2 red dingos and i may get another dublin gonna raise some pennys by selling some bits x x

·
Premium Member
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems that dublin and red dingo are the way to go.
I assume from the sizing info that most people opt for the large size in both of these ???
Having measured Ruby's neck I make it about 17" which puts her just in the large size. Does this sound about right ?

Chloe

C

·
0 Posts
I'll pop and get a tape measure and see what size my Ruby's neck is hang on!

C

·
0 Posts
Rubys neck is about 14.5-15" ( she wouldnt stop wriggeling!) and is dead in the middle of a size medium dublin dog. Just checked her Rogz one, shes near the smaller end of Medium on that. But she is a bit of a pin head!

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
pennyblack said:
Mine have red dingo for none water walks and dublin for water days :p both are excellent
Snap :D :D

Bailey has both in Medium though, with room to spare still......I'm sure there was a thread recently on the large Dublin being even larger than expected, or did I dream that?

You can get matching leads with both brands too, Red Dingo collar & leads are just gorgeous

A

·
0 Posts
my 2 had red dingo and swam in them most days... after a year they still were fine but slightly faded. Their dublin collars which they have now and wear every day are fab. They have a hunter collar also (the one in the link that dunsash posted) and they look very smart but i only put them on for training and road walks as they wore them once for a swim and i found the metal clasp wasn't so easy to undo and if any sand got in there then it would be even worse.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
I'm a red dingo girl too, Moles new one is a large and looks fine on her. I don't think I would ever buy another Dublin, Mole destroyed Megs during a play session, it split and came off (ended up being chewed before I found it!!!!) and on Moles the loop that holds the end down split and came off, I ended up using an elastic band! So although they look lovely and are great for swimmers (Meg - not Mole!!) I would not recommend them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts