Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Roxy doesn't bark, infact we have only heard one little yelp when she was a young puppy.

Today that changed. My daughter found her harmonica and decided to play it. Well not really play it more make an awful noise whilst dancing around. :0). Roxy loves it and has started to bark and sing. Amber is so excited that Roxy finally found her voice that she has been prancing around playing it very loudly for way too long...... I'm starting to think this harmonica needs to find a new home. I can't wait till bedtime. I am pleased that I heard Roxy bark though and they do look cute together. To start with I thought it might be hurting Roxy's ears but she really seems to love it and is getting so excited. They are having such fun.

?

·
0 Posts
My Jack Russell used to "sing" if I played the Melodica (does anyone remember those? 8O :lol: ) and my sister's OES used to do the same if she played the piano.

I don't think it hurts their ears (although it hurts mine :lol: ). I think it releases some primal urge to join in howling, just like wolves do. 8)

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you are right Jules about the primal urge.

Thank goodness Roxy doesn't respond the same way as your sisters dogs to the piano because Amber plays that daily. My nerves wouldn't last. :D

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
You should try to take a video! Would be fun to watch :wink:

I thought Cooper would join in when I chant OOOooommmmm at the end of my yoga practice, but he doesn't. He just attacks my face with big licks and nibbles my chin and ears, probably just wants me to shut up! :lol:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Noooooo it wouldn't be funny to watch you wouldn't enjoy the sound and my daughter is now in bed and peace is restored.

Cooper looks like he has just had a session of yoga in your signature picture. Extremely chilled. :0)
I have a crystal Tibetan bowl and the dogs both look very intently at me if I use it but they don't singalong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts