Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the day finally arrived yesterday for Roo's neutering. We dropped him off at 8.30am and I was a complete state. He is such a nervous dog and was absolutely petrified at the vets - he was shaking and whining and then we had to leave him :( :( He was howling after us as we left :( :(

They said to call at 2pm to see how he was, but I couldn't wait until then and called at 12pm. The day went so so slowly and all I could think of was him in his crate at the vets scared and shaking :cry:

When I called they said he was absolutely fine and the op went great. They said he howled the place down before the op and a student vet nurse had to come and get him and play with him in the yard to get him to calm down :lol: so he even had her wrapped around his paw!

He was bitten as a pup at the vets and no matter how positive we make the trips there he still hates it so much.

So we collected him at 3pm and he came out so so waggy to see us ... and then he fell up the step as he was still so dopey :roll: he was so spaced out and really not with us for a few hours and was sick when we got home but by about 8pm he was getting better. He had some scrambled egg last night and then slept all night.

This morning he is much more like his normal self and did his best "mum I've starrrrrrving - please can I eat" act and he has been for a short lead walk.

So looks like he's already on the mend - he has to go back in 10 days to get his stitches out - his wound looks really clean and tidy and it's not bothering him too much.

Glad to get my Roody Roo back home :D

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
bless... Finn howled all the way home and for a lot of the evening, due to the GA, but by the next day he was much better.

Hope Roo starts to feel normal soon and it'll be keeping him quiet and not bum tucking that'll be the problem :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts