Labradors Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm back!!!
Honestly, I give up with Lexie!! I posted last wknd as she got into a bag of dry food and swelled up like a balloon and it was very scary. She got over that ordeal quickly and then promtly ripped one of her claws off this week (and she ate my sky+ remote! :evil: ) She is an absolute disaster area and she makes Maddie look like an angel with a very shiny halo!!!! Anyway, its lucky I love her even tho she drives me nuts ......so back to her claw, theres still a bit of nail on top but she ripped it back diagonally so it bled a lot as its gone down to the pink middle (the 'quick' I think)
Will it grown back? I've assumed it will, like our nails but wasn't sure. Also, every time I walk her it starts bleeding again and becomes sore, I think it looks worse because shes a very light dog and it turns her toe red! Is it worth not walking her for a bit to let it heal more?
Anyway, next time I post, its gonna be about something good that shes done as I only seem to post about the bad stuff!!!
Cheers,
Claire :D

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Logie ripped off one of his claws a few months ago, he kept turning his toe red too! We ended up taking him to the vets as it became infected (it smelt awful). Anyway he had some antiobiotics for the infection and the vet just recommended bathing it in salt to keep it as clean as possible.

His claw has now grown back.

Hope Lexie is well soon :)

Eileen

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks for the reply. Will keep bathing it and keep an eye out just incase it turns nasty! Hopefully it'll start to grow back soon!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts