Labradors Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know she's not a lab, but my parents rescued/rehomed a 19yr old cat from my sister-in-laws parents back in April this year, to live out her days smothered in love and affection. She was a real trooper, but this morning, after a week of not eating and very laboured breathing, the decision was made to send her on her way in peace. Vet said she had already started to go into heart failure, and it was the kindest thing to do.

I know my parents have only had her for 4 months, but they had grown so attached to her, as she was a right little character, so seeing them so upset was heartbreaking.

We're having a little 'burial' for her at 3pm.....but I just wanted to post this in her honour for being such a brave little soldier.

Millie Moo, rest in peace....you had a good innings at 19 and you will be missed. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Sorry to hear about Millie Moo.

Prowl free at the bridge Millie, chasing mice and rabbits.

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Jemima, I remember you posting about your parents adopting Millie Moo and thinking how lovely of them. I'm so sorry that it was time for her to go to the Bridge, but very glad for her that her final months were made so wonderful :flower:

Will be thinking of you all at 3 :grouphuuug:

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
I`m sorry to hear about Millie-Moo, I hope your parents get some comfort from giving her all the love and attention she needed and more in her final months, they gave her the last act of love they could, thinking of you all about now.

Run Free at the Bridge Millie-Moo, forever young again.

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for your very kind words.

I showed my mum and she wanted me to say thank you on her behalf.

We had the burial at 3pm. We put a beautiful lily in her little box we buried her in and said a few words. It was really nice.

She had a lovely last morning...cuddles with my mum, hand fed pink salmon, and drink from her fav fountain of rain water and a wee in her favourite border, before cuddles with me in the conservatory before being taken to the vets.

It's never easy making that kind of a decision but was most definitely the right thing for her.

Apparently, when she was younger, she hooned around chasing rabbits all the time....so i'm sure she's now back to her old tricks :)

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Your right Jemima, "that" decision is always the hardest to make but we do it because we love them so much, we are lucky in having that choice for our furbabies :)

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Sounds like she had a wonderful last four months to send her on her way. Rest in peace Millie Moo.

Sympathies to you and your parents.

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
So sorry to hear the news Jemima - nothing makes it easier at the moment...

RIP Millie

Eve Neo and Bramble

1 - 12 of 12 Posts