Labradors Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone .
After losing my Golden retriever 18mths ago the time has come to move on and replace her and as I had a Yellow Lab before the goldie I felt I should get another as it was a wonderful dog and brilliant with my children .

So off I popped and found my new Yellow lab and collect her next week she is 10 wks old and seriously cute.

It turns out that she is a Dudley as well which I am pleased about, she is to be a family pet and my two Granddaughters are beside themselves waiting for her to come home.

Here is a pic.

·
Administrator
21,512 Posts
Word of warning, the lack of pigmentation on the nose "Can" get problems in hot weather with sunburn, in the same way that pigs can get sunburn. Pigs, unlike horses and cattle have no fur to shade the skin, and in the same way dogs have nothing on their noses to protect that, and dudleys don't have the dark pigmentation to reflect the heat. Got to say though, my Beth never ran into problems, so it's not something to worry about, just be aware.

John :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did read that but thanks for your advice as it is alway better from an owner will have to train her to wear suncream without licking it off

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Hi and Welcome to You and "Little Dud" ❤ 😀
Must confess, I love Dudleys 😎

Chel and Juice xx 🐾🐾

·
Administrator
21,512 Posts
No, but I don't have that problem now. Big Bad Beth died around 20 years ago. I found common sense was enough. But some dogs naturally go into the shade when it's hot, others love to sunbath, so it's knowing your dog. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts