Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well what can i say my wee chip is nearly 10 actually he is 10 on the 6th Jan and he has become so restless at night he wont sleep and is literally tryin to get as close to my bed as possible i mean i actually had to pull his head from under my bed. He is a nervous dog always has been but im coming on 9 months pregnant and cant have him in my room when my baby is born due to his hairs but he wont sleep in anybody elses room just mine and he wont even sleep anymore and he is keeping me up literally all night and i cant do it. What's wrong with him?????

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Could he be getting restless because he senses the arrival of your baby? Dogs are very sensitive to their owners health and he might be feeling the impending change? I'm not an expert but my first lab did change when I was expecting my youngest daughter (she's now 22!) He became very clingy towards the end.

Why do you have to not have him in the bedroom where baby will sleep because of the hairs? Is your baby going to always sleep in the bedroom? I'm a little confused by that comment to be honest! The hairs will get in your bedroom no matter what!!
Good luck on your new arrival :)

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Knowing just how sensitive Minnie is to be ever variable health I would guess that he is concerned about you and also looking for reassurance that you still love him too.

If you know a good behaviorist or even have a good vet it maybe worth a call to put some things in place before the birth to help with coping afterwards. I am sure Victoria Stillwell as done some written pieces on it:-

http://animal.discovery.com/tv-shows/its-me-or-the-dog/training-tips/new-baby-old-dog.htm

http://positively.com/2011/08/25/top-10-tips-for-dogs-and-babies/

Good luck with the baby.

Mandy

·
Super Moderator
17,438 Posts
Your fur-baby is going to have to cope with a lot of change soon and I'd say he could be sensing this and is becoming anxious.

The links above have some advice that seems sensible, I'd suggest that you take a few hours out to consider just how to make best time of the time you have remaining to adjust and reassure your fur-baby to what is going to change for him.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
He knows your time is close, maybe closer than you you think :wink: if he's always slept in your room he should stay in your room, baby or not. That's like saying your baby can never go in a room your dog has been in. The hairs will be everywhere no matter how clean you are. Don't panic and get worked up. If you're calm you'll pass this feeling on, if you're all worked up, you'll pass this feeling on too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts