Labradors Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't strictly Labrador due to the size, but I hope you don't mind me asking? Maybe a Lab cross?

A friend of mine recently lost his old rescue dog and he is looking to rehome another. Ideally a small or medium sized dog, sex unimportant as will be neutered. Must get on with other dogs as should my friend ever go away for a weekend his stepfather will look after the dog, and he has a dog of his own. My friend lives in Sussex so ideally from around this area. He will be going to the local rescue kennels shortly but if anyone here knows of a nice dog needing a home then please let me know.

Thanks

Katy

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Local Branch RSPCA Hastings have a yr old black lab coming in.

Suppose that might be too big...???

Trace x

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Katy, what sort of age is he looking for?

If aged 7+ is ok, could you let him know about Oldies Club if he has internet access: http://www.oldies.org.uk - we have our own dogs in foster homes for rehoming, but we also list for many different rescues across the UK and you can use the various categories on the site to look at region etc.

I know it's called "Oldies" Club but many of the dogs featured will be older rather than oldies.

Good luck to him :flower:

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can certainly ask him Marie - but are you not keeping her? It sounded like you were tempted! :lol:

Beagle would be the right size and she looks lovely and temperament sounds great. How far are you from Sussex? (My geography isn't too good!)

Many thanks!

Katy

PS thanks to everyone else too - you all came in while I was typing to Marie! Trace I think Lab is a bit too big. Clive works for himself as a mechanic and a small dog can travel with him all day, whereas a bigger one won't always fit! And re oldies - yes, a young oldies would be ok I think - as long as it is up for lots of walks, as that is one of the things Clive enjoys - walking with his dog. Thanks to you all!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts