Labradors Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
What gorgeous flying ears! He has quite a distinctive face so I hope someone recognises him.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I live in RG22, really close to where this dog was found and not far from a park where most people walk their dogs on this estate. Is there anything I can do to help - posters around the park, in the local Co-op for instance? I'll e-mail my pet sitter and see if she knows of anyone who has lost a dog.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes please sir rufus posters are the best thing but please check with finder
to make sure they are ok with you doing this............... can't see any reason why they shouldn't be :?

phone them on 01256 844844

thankyou
i just love this website there are so many people willing to put themselves out to help others..........
if only the world could function like this :D

if you would like me to make a poster up and email it to you please let me have your email by pm

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hi Dawn,

I'll pm you and contact the finder. I've found one online forum for the local area and have posted a link to the doglost website.

My pet sitter doesn't know of anyone who's lost a dog. It looks like it was found near the golf course so either escaped from a house in this estate or run off from the park, where like I say, most people round here walk their dogs.

There's someone out there frantic with worry, I hope we can reunite them.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Have spoken to the two local vets in this area and no joy, neither has heard from a worried owner. I've passed on details and they've made a note so if anyone does enquire they can point them in the right direction.

One of the vets tells me that the number above is for the dog warden so surely they wouldn't mind the number being printed on a poster?

·
Premium Member
21,240 Posts
Which Pound/kennels is he in?

Most will not PTS after 7 days and many work with local rescue, but we can alert LLR members that take in from that area.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hi there,

It's Basingstoke and Deane - that's all I know I'm afraid. That's definitely the number for the local council. I don't know exactly whereabouts it is in Basingstoke.

That poor chap. It would be great if this has a happy ending.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Oh wow! That's fantastic news!

What a shame the original owners couldn't be found after all my efforts, but thank goodness for a happy ending.

I now realise that RG27 where he was found spans a much larger area than I thought, so he probably wasn't from round here at all.

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Well done SirRufus for jumping into action and trying to reunite the dog with his owners. It's a shame it didn't happen but is fantastic that he now has a new home.

Good luck Dylan!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts