5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any recipes for Kongs?

Here's one for starters :wink:

BANANA RAMA
:D

1 fresh banana
2 tbs wheat germ
1 tbs plain yogurt (can use your pet's favorite flavour as well)
Kong Toy that best fits your pet's chewing temperament
In a bowl, mash up banana. Then, add wheat germ and yogurt. Mash all ingredients together and use spoon to add to Kong. Freeze for 4 hours. Makes 1 serving for Medium Kong. Double for every Kong Size that is
bigger.

More kong recipes at http://www.companyofanimals.co.uk/kongrecipe.php#banana

Anyone got any more?

·
Registered
129 Posts
thanks for the recipes for kongs we made suzy % macy some kongs today and wow within mintes there where gone lol
cheers for the usful infomation

·
Registered
241 Posts
BANANA RAMA

1 fresh banana
2 tbs wheat germ
1 tbs plain yogurt (can use your pet's favorite flavour as well)
Kong Toy that best fits your pet's chewing temperament
In a bowl, mash up banana. Then, add wheat germ and yogurt. Mash all ingredients together and use spoon to add to Kong. Freeze for 4 hours.
I have just put one of these in the freezer for Kane. I am looking forward to his reaction later when I give it to him.... 8)

Had a job in Morrisons tracking down the wheat germ though. Nightmare on a Saturday morning!! :shock: I am not renowned for my shopping ability!

Will let you know what he makes of it

·
Registered
241 Posts
Success!! 8)

Made up his Kong & put it in the freezer. Have been out for a nice walk. Kane has had a snooze & I then gave him the Kong. Have never seen him concentrate on something so hard. Will have to make up another one when he finishes.

Will have to try some of the other recipes....

Will be good to leave with him when me & Andrea have to go out somewhere.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Success!!

Made up his Kong & put it in the freezer. Have been out for a nice walk. Kane has had a snooze & I then gave him the Kong. Have never seen him concentrate on something so hard. Will have to make up another one when he finishes.
Well done Kanesdad,

Sounds good enough to eat! :D

I bet Kane loved it, kongs are great for keeping them occupied, hey. :)

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VEGGIE KONG OMELETTE

VEGGIE KONG OMELETTE

1 egg
Your choice of grated cheese
Any vegetables that your pet may like
Appropriate Kong Toy

Scramble egg and fold in vegetables. Stuff into Kong toy. Sprinkle some cheese over the top and microwave for about 20 seconds. Cool thoroughly before giving to your lab. :D

Delicious!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Some great recipes on these links!

I only gave Smudge his first Kong (filled just with some wet dog food) a couple of weeks ago and he loved it! They are such a good idea and it's been great to see this thread with all these recipes on it!

I'm a bit rubbish in the kitchen, but hopefully I should be able to 'cook up a kong'!

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Just made up a couple of Banana Rama Kongs for Brady - his gums have been bleeding the past couple of days as he's lost a few of his bigger baby teeth.

Hope the Kong will help soothe him in the morning, feel quite sorry for him and his toys are getting little stains all over them too :roll:

Couldn't find wheat germ in either of our supermarkets (only 2 in the Isle of Lewis!) - so have mixed in a little oatmeal instead, has anyone tried variations like this?

Rona

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
NiChris said:
I'm a bit rubbish in the kitchen, but hopefully I should be able to 'cook up a kong'!

All the best,
Nicola.
nicole now dont be putting the kong in the oven ok you might get nasty fumes filling the air instead of lovely bananas...LOL...

im like you i cant cook and wont cook..lol..so whatever is easier to squash in them kongs i go for..lol..

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi everyone,

I will have to try some of these with ben. Just remember we don't want to be rolling our labs to this get together!!!! :lol:

Cristina

1 - 11 of 11 Posts