Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gang and I are off on our hols on Saturday to South Devon and in preparations for our holiday I have been training the gang to recall to the whistle as a group. Those with several dogs will know that its hard to get all your dogs to recall at once, when there is all sorts of distractions going on.

Rusti, Scoobs & Sunni are all trained to recall to the whistle but its been interesting getting them all to recall together and avoid any distractions but glad to say they are all recalling to me on the whistle - Yay! My oldie border collie Jess, fast approaching 14 years old has noticeably lost more of her hearing lately and she has never been trained to a whistle until now but she can definitely hear it, so at her best she will stop what she is doing and gently walk back to me, bless her.

Hopefully they will all behave whilst on their hols! :roll:

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
lol hope you have a great time, sorry if you have said before but where abouts are in Devon are you going? Im sure they will all behave for you.

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
I hope your standing well away when the 3 younger ones come haring towards you on recall Nikki :lol: , I`m sure they`ll all be fine on their (and your) hollibobs in Devon, have a great time and looking forward to seeing the pics on your return :D

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shadybug said:
lol hope you have a great time, sorry if you have said before but where abouts are in Devon are you going? Im sure they will all behave for you.
We're going to the South Hams area (South Devon).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts