Labradors Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just found this on top of her back left paw. You can only really see it when the fur is brushed up it's so small.

I've cleaned it up and put some antiseptic cream on. It obviously stung or hurt a bit because Luna kind of did that 'ooooh it stings' paw shake that I do when treating my hand!

Luna got bowled over and walked on accidently by a Ridgeback pal this afternoon during a bit of playtime. It was on the road and Luna yelped which is unusual for her. She continued walking fine afterwards and I checked her over afterwards with nothing of concern found until now. I'm hoping this is just a tiny bit of 'road rash' resulting from the incident. Do you agree?

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
I agree... give it a clean with some boiled cooled salty water. Bless her, sounds like she is looking for some sympathy!!!

·
Premium Member
21,240 Posts
Yep looks just like a graze, just keep it clean, try not to touch it too much so it scabs over, if it looks weepy then bathe gently with salt water

·
Registered
9,913 Posts
Aww poor Luna i am sure by the morning she will have forgotten, now you have cleaned it i would just keep an eye on it and it will scab over in no time

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Indy has one of those on her back leg, I only noticed it when it'd healed. I think it's from when she was stung by a bee and was gnawing at it.
You'll probably find it stays white and the hair won't grow back.

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all!!!!!! I'll keep an eye on it without poking too much!

I notice the patch of fur missing first and thought it might be a growth or some sort of lump until I cleaned it and thought it was probably a graze.

She got lots of sympathy Fee - I've never seen such sad eyes!! She's so good and lets me sort her out without trying to escape or play.

It'll be interesting to see if she grows another white patch!

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Hope Luna`s paw is better soon, its possible the RR caught her paw with one of its claws, that`d be why she yelped, have to say I would have too, RR`s are very robust dogs :D

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She's doing ok - walking and playing as normal! I found another graze on the same leg near the hock this afternoon so I think that leg got rolled and scraped along the road to get hurt on both sides. There's no swelling but it's a bit tender as she reacts when I touch the area so is probably bruised as well as scraped. I've applied a bit of antiseptic cream today as some of the puddles and water Luna found to jump in this morning looked horrendous!!! So far so good.

The RR is only 16months old too and has a similar energy and character to Luna. I can only describe their play as a lion running with a Luna shadow! The leg length difference is amazing so it doesn't take much for Luna to get left behind or bounced away! It's unfortunate that this last time she got bounced under the RR hence the yelp and scrapes. The RR is a rescue and still adjusting to her new owner and putting on weight after being found on the street all skin and bones.

Oh and today whilst playing fetch with the lab x staffy down the road she ended up either having her tongue/mouth bitten by herself or the other dog I don't know!! And don't mouth injuries bleed a lot!! I can't find a wound and the bleeding quickly stopped - she's having an eventful week!

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Both grazes scabbed over ok and scabs are still firmly attached! Thought she'd heal quicker but she does paddle through water daily - to wash off mud!! - so maybe it's kept things soft.

She's had a couple of plays with RR since incident which have involved running but have been a little calmer and we've gone our separate ways before things get too rough!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts