Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all, I have a yellow lab about two years old, she kinda has a funny walk. Her trot and run are fine, she has no problems jumping and playing at the park but while she is walking, her body hips and body sway back and forth.., its hard to describe. Its kinda like this (birds eye view, 0 are paws)

0 0
 |
  |
 |
0 0

Then the next step, the middle part of her body swings to the other side:

0 0
  |
 |
  |
0 0

Its been like this since she was a puppy,people mention it but her vet never has. I figure she has something but it doens't seem to be bothering her. I'm concerned though it might degenerate into a painful problem down the road.

She is a really really really good dog so if its something that I should be worried about let me know I can get it fixed.

Matt

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
You say that the vet has never mentioned it, but have you mentioned it to the vet? They don't always the see things that you do, If it is like my vets you go in stand there and then go out. they don't alway see your dogs movement unless you ask for there opinion. :)

Cristina & Ben

·
Registered
244 Posts
Going to the vet will set your mind at rest. Though I should say that I have always felt Lottie 'sashays' in the way you describe, rather than walks...! :lol: It's only when she's going fairly slowly, and when she speeds up the movement disappears. I always thought it was because she was kinda cool 8) . Our guide dogs supervisor has watched her closely as she walks and has never mentioned it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi - I have a 6 month old bitch and she walks in the way you have described;perhaps it's just a girl thing :) I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I also have a 6 month old bitch and she has a sexy wiggle too! I reckon it's definitely a girl thing - my 12 year old daughter has it too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts