Labradors Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday 26 April 2014

Confused about Raw Food Feeding for Dogs?

Time: 10am – 4pm (arriving 9.30am for tea/coffee & pastries)
Venue: St Therese of Lisieux Hall, Florence Way, Laindon, Essex, SS16 6AJ
Cost: £50 per delegate
Included in ticket price: Morning coffee on arrival plus lunch in afternoon.

If you do a search for ‘raw food for dogs’ on Google, you get almost 38 million hits.

I bet you that 19 million say raw food will kill your dog, give them diseases and cause nutritional deficiency. The other 19 million will tell you how amazing it is, how good dogs look on the diet and how they enjoy hunting for elk before breakfast to feed the dog.

As you can see, there are many opinions on raw feeding. I’ve been advising people, as a veterinary surgeon, on raw food feeding for dogs for twenty years and would love to share with you some of my experience.

During the days’ seminar we will cover:

Raw food and evolution
Why feeding processed foods is so undesirable
The building blocks of a raw food diet
Digestion, Nutrients and Supplements
Creating a perfect Balance
How to cut corners with a raw food diet
How to make a raw food diet economic and easy
Diseases and how nutrition can help.
We go through the day at a leisurely pace, allowing time to chat, to think and to ask questions.

If you have ever thought about raw, maybe have tried it and been scared off, or maybe take great care feeding you and your family, but still feed the dog processed food, then this is the talk for you.

Come along. Your life will never be the same again.

To book, please contact Andrea on 07791 570432.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Tempted to go, especially as some of you know him.

Any idea how biased to raw food he is Angela? We use Simpsons and Max is great on it, but I'm interested to learn - just wondering if he is strongly against all processed food or is balanced about some of the better ones?

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
I think it would definitely be interesting, but I'm Yorkshire, and £50 is a lot to me, particularly as I already feed raw and am happy with how I feed my dogs. Probably more worthwhile to someone who doesn't, but wants to learn about it.

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Mandie, Nick is very pro raw feeding and reading the info, this seminar seems to be all about feeding raw? If you are interested in feeding raw, I'm sure it will be very informative :) I don't imagine he will be recommending any cooked pet foods during the seminar.

Nick is the loveliest guy and he has helped with all of our dogs in some way, over the years. I don't feed raw, although it's not something I've entirely ruled out for the future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts