Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The butcher gave me 2 HUGE bones a couple of days ago - chopped into about 6 pieces... my 2 have had 1 piece each and its lasted them 3 days so far but i thought i'd freeze the other bits so they don't get wasted...

Heres my question... i've never put bones in the freezer before and i'm sure i've heard of people just taking them out the freezer and giving them to their dogs, is that right? Do they not need to be defrosted at all??

It would be much easier if i can just feed them frozen but wanted to make sure it won't kill them first :lol:

Thanks in advance
xx

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Roo only has bones from the freezer - otherwise he gets the runs :roll:

It'll be fine - makes them last longer!

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I tend to defrost Indy's chicken wings, although I'm tempted to start giving them to her frozen as she practically inhales them these days!
I've given her frozen lamb ribs in the past.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Alfiesmum,

I'm regularly given fresh raw bones from the butchers which get given to various doggy friends plus my own.

The bones are fresh and I freeze any that are not used. I give them to adult dogs, after a good rinse under the cold tap because I don't want freezer 'burns' on doggy 'lips'.

You'll need to be sure that the bones have not already been frozen as once defrosted I don't think it's wise to re-freeze them.

Hope this helps

Sue

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks... i will leave them out for 10 mins and rinse under the tap before i give them but my 2 will have their first frozen marrow bone in the next week :D

Thanks guys :thumbleft:

Sarah... i love your new sig pic, Baxter is sooo gorgeous!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts