Labradors Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am trying to find any other owners who’s dog had Toonray and Ravenspur as their parents. My beloved Lab died last month and I would like to find out if any of brothers or sisters had litters. She was 12yrs old, so chances are not many would still be alive. I would love to in the future to try and purchase a puppy with the same bloodline.

·
Administrator
20,612 Posts
Sorry but I can find nothing at all about either of these dogs. The nearest I can find is Ravenspa Boy. Are you in the UK, because it was the UK KC I checked with.

John :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, yes I am in the UK. I am a little concerned with recent research about the papers I had for her and the breeder. Really not good and has upset me a great deal. I am just wondering if anyone else has the same papers with Ravenspur or Toonray. What a cruel and wicked way to find out that I don’t think my beloved dog had such a horrible start to her life.

·
Administrator
20,612 Posts
I cant find any record that she is KC registered, but saying that spelling mistakes can creep in making it hard to find a dog, so not finding a dog could simply be that I'm using the wrong spelling. Also the KC database can be a bit flaky on occasions.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don't worry too much. As John says, sometimes it is difficult to find dogs on the KC site if the name is spelt slightly differently.
Do you have a picture of your dog's pedigree you could post and we could do some digging for you?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is what I have for her records, I’m very concerned and worried that they are fake. So upsetting to think so. The thing is that is had the look and mannerisms of a gundog. She was very lean and just a beautiful girl.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm sure that they are not "fake". A pedigree is just a list of family members. Like a family tree.
There are some lovely great grandparents in her pedigree. If you are looking to find related labs, there are a lot related to "Pocklea Remus".
Your girl was beautiful x

·
Administrator
20,612 Posts
The pedigree is a little strange. Being charitable whoever wrote it obviously made a few mistakes. The obvious one being Norlands Wellington mated to Norlands Wellington.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found this on your forum from 2009. So I don’t know how. I’m a researcher by profession for my sins so I’ve been searching everywhere. There is a breeder from Surrey called Colin who has 2 black labs Jet and Jake who has the same or similar great grand parents and so on and she does look slightly like them but I just don’t know. She was an outstanding and amazing girl. But like reading other posts me like her vets bill over the years was unbelievable. I’m very lucky to have had for 12yrs.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,612 Posts
Some dogs are wonderful in spite of their breeder, rather than because. They love their home and their owner. And at the end of the day, that's all that matters. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh I totally agree, she couldn’t have been more loved and cared for by us all. Every plan and decision I made had to work around her, including my job!. That’s why I wanted to see if I could get another dog from her bloodline, I am desperate to try and keep her line if one of her brothers or sister had litters etc. Now I’m at a loss if she was actually born 20th November or if that was untrue too. I feel sad that I should have had 1 litter from her then I could have kept her family going.

·
Administrator
20,612 Posts
Simply looking at the pedigree of well known dogs, Norlands is the affix of Colin Pelham who is still around. Mirstan is, or was Stan Harvey, not sure but I believe he passed away. Drakeshead is John and Sandra Halstead, they are getting on now so I don’t know how much breeding is still going on there now. Pocklea is the affix of Dave Garbutt who must be getting on now, Palgrave was the affix of the late Eric Baldwin. All these people famous in the working Labrador field.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts