Labradors Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would just like to say that this rain is just no good for puppy toilet training! Especially night times! :eek: I keep getting soggy slippers!!!

I thought getting a summertime pup would hopefully avoid the use of umbrella, waterproofs and boots of a nighttime! How wrong was I... :wink: :wink: Stupid I know to expect sunshine in July/August!!! :(

Come on lets wish for some sunshine, if only for my sanity... :D :D

Also, am thinking of buying a fluorescent puppy jacket, :wink: as keep losing pup in the garden at nighttime. Thank goodness for my trusty torch. :D :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi Meli, we thought this too when buying our puppy during the summer but things never work out how you plan them.

My tip for the night time escapades is a little light that attches to there collar, you can get all sorts of colours. i am pretty sure you can get them from most pet shops.

Its quite funny when you see a light floating across the top of the garden.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Umm good tip there I am off to the Pet shop tonight so will have a look. :D

I didn't have this problem with Skylar being a yellow girl. Chocolates are a whole different ball game - in the nicest way. :D

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I know the feeling. Alfie came to us two years ago this month, and I can remember spending July and August in the garden, sheltering under the trees with an umbrella thinking it's not supposed to be like this.

You can get collars which light up - here are some on ebay

http://home-garden.shop.ebay.co.uk/...p3286.m270.l1313&_odkw=led+coll&_osacat=20746

Dog collars may be too big for a pup, but a cat collar might do?

·
Registered
501 Posts
We ended up putting Buddy on his lead for his night time toilet business for the same reason - he kept disappearing and took forever to do his thing.
I have wellies at the ready at all times these days!! We bought a little light, too but haven't used it yet.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
I've been lucky as Alfie came home while the rain was away...lol and we have a secruity light for the back garden but of Alfie went to far up the garden i couldn;t see him...lol

·
Registered
119 Posts
I know what you mean!!

We shove Daisy outside, pull the door to, then shout 'DO YOUR BUSINESS!!' through the window! God knows what the neighbours think...

It works, though; some super fast weeing!

·
Registered
318 Posts
This made me laugh! We have the same problem.....I bought a pair of crocs (without the holes) to save my slippers and keep my feet dry :D and put solar garden lights at various points across the garden so that we could see her. She is now going through the night :D :D but I worked on the basis that they will all come in useful when the mornings and nights get darker.

I chuckle when i think about us all and the hundreds/thousands of puppy owners across the country stood in their gardens at some ungodly hour, in the pouring rain :lol: :lol: :lol: The joys of dog ownership!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts