Labradors Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds. He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea. He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being; by the way he rests against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile; by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.) When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive. When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile. When I am happy, he is joy unbounded. When I am a fool, he ignores it. When I succeed, he brags. Without him, I am only another man. With him, I am all-powerful. He is loyalty itself. He has taught me the meaning of devotion. With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace. He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant. His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things. He has promised to wait for me... whenever... wherever - in case I need him. And I expect I will - as I always have. He is just my dog." - Gene Hill

"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

"You may have a dog that won't sit up, roll over or even cook breakfast, not because she's too stupid to learn how but because she's too smart to bother." - Rick Horowitz, Chicago Tribune

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin

"Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of ther universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made." - Roger Caras

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown

"My little dog---a heartbeat at my feet." - Edith Wharton

"The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous, is his dog. . . .He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer; he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounter with the roughness of the world. . . .When all other friends desert, he remains." - George G Vest

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." - Roger Caras

"A dog wags its tail with its heart" - Martin Buxbaum

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
thanks for posting those nic.
must admit to having a few tears when reading the first one. it really says it all.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Morning all

Just wanted to bump this up by adding a few more:-

"When God created Labrador Retrievers, He was showing off."

“A moment later the stevedore appeared on deck leading by a leash one of the most handsome dogs ever seen in Maryland. He was jet-black, sturdy in his front quarters, sleek and powerful in his hind, with a face so intelligent that it seemed he might speak at any moment. His movements were quick, his dark eyes following every development nearby, yet his disposition appeared so equable he seemed always about to smile.
“’He’s called a Labrador,’ Lightfoot said. ‘Finest huntin’ dog ever developed’”
James Michener, "Chesapeake"

"Labradors [are] lousy watchdogs. They usually bark when there is a stranger about, but it is an expression of unmitigated joy at the chance to meet somebody new, not a warning."
Norman Strung

All the best,
Nic & The Boys!

Our Family Photo Album

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Awww Nic, that first quote from your original post has me in tears this morning, it is so lovely :cry: :D

They are all great and so true, thanks for sharing x

·
Registered
466 Posts
Simply beautiful :) The one by Roger Caras rings true for me that why we couldn't go more than 3 weeks without a Lab in my life. My house is alive again even though I miss my Reevy Boy. Alfie has filled the void.
Thank you for that :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts