Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having never had girlies before it has all been a bit new. Now we have got through the season very well and Willow was fine. I just have one questions now, her three weeks was up about 3 weeks ago but her 'girly bits' have not gone back to what they were pre-season, in fact they are still quite large and obvious. Is this just that she is an adult dog now or should I still expect to see them reduce further. Bless her it's not quite the target it was at the hight of th season but no far off 8O

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi
Both my girls went through one season before I had they spayed. They were both spayed mid-season (ie about 3 months after their season had finished). Both of them had enlarged 'girly bits' for some time after their season was finished and Katie did not go down complete until she had been spayed!!
So I would not worry. I think, from my experience, what you are describing is perfectly normal.
Good luck,
Carolyn, Katie and Daisy x

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
I KNEW you were going to say that Mrs B!!!!

I KNEW it - so predictable!

Patricia, sorry Becs SO RUDELY interupted your thread. Its completely normal for a girls 'ladybits' to not go back to their neat prim pre season state till all the hormones are well and truely settled around 6 - 10 weeks after the season is complete.

Some never QUITE so as neat as before.

I promise to keep my camera to myself on this one ;-)
Di

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Di for your very helpful advice!! I have to say my question was prompted by the fact that a rear end is never particularly attractive but Willow's is even worse that usual!

Now Di you promised to keep your camera away on this one but I didn't ... :D :D :D

What do you think Becs? :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts