Labradors Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poppy (aged 10 weeks) woke me up in the middle of the night and went out for an emergency poo. She has done a couple this morning and they have been equally squitty. She's a little quiet and happy to lie down. Should I give her something different for lunch (scrambled egg and rice seems like the preferred option having read some other posts) or should I scrap lunch altogether? She had breakfast as normal because I hadn't realised what was going on at the time :oops:

She didn't eat anything different to normal yesterday....

Any advice gratefully received!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Personally, if it was me, for such a young pup, I would give the vet a call.

Chances are she just has an upset tummy but I would rather get her checked out.

BTW, she's gorgeous. :)

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
I'd probably stick with the light lunch - egg and rice or chicken and rice and see what materialises after that!

Has she been wormed or vaccinated recently??

·
Registered
205 Posts
Vaccinations and worming are two that can cause a pooch to be a bit down or tummy upset for a few days but last sat seems a bit long ago for that....

I'd see the vet for piece of mind....

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
I'd give the pup bland for today and if its still got the squirts tomorrow consult the vet.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Puppy & dodgy tum- upd8 - much better - thanks for the h

Poppy livened up late yesterday afternoon and the squits stopped. She slept well and has gone back on to her normal food today and seems to be back to her usual self! Thank you SO much for the advice and ideas - I am very grateful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts