Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all!!

I have a lovely 5 month old girl. It’s my first dog and I’m in love with her!!! She came from an abandoned litter here in Barcelona and I don’t really know if she is a pure lab.
She is now 22 weeks and weights 12’500kg. She is much smaller than other labs we see on walks and people often asks what breed is she...
I honestly don’t really care if she is a mix or if she is smaller, cause she is perfect to me and most importantly, healthy.
Just curious if anyone has a similar lab!
Also, when do they stop growing?

Thank you very much!!!

·
Administrator
21,138 Posts
Labrador sizes can vary quite a bit, particularly if there are some working lines in her. As to bitches, the heaviest I've had full grown was my Anna at 34kg and the lightest is Chloe at 23kg Below is a photo of my Amy who weighed in at 29kg laid beside the 23kg Chloe. Amy was 12 years old at that time and Chloe 4 years old.

Labradors stop getting taller at around 12 to 14 months, but tend to continue filling out until nearly 2 years old.

·
Registered
Baymax, b.Nov2020
132 Posts
I am not an expert but on top of being gorgeous she does look Labrador to me :) I know for sure there's a lot of variability in weights and generally speaking the older they get and the older you see weights spreading around just like in humans :) You're both lucky to have each other !!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts