Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Wait and see

Puppy Tooth Extraction

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Maddie 
#1 ·
We have been advised today our 11 week old lab requires to under go a dental extraction, this is our first puppy and I want to do what’s best for him so it’s not about the cost etc my concern is he is showing no signs of pain nor is there an infection isn’t this a surgery best avoided if no infection or pain is presented considering this is baby teeth? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance x

#2 ·
Why, whats wrong, which tooth is it?

At 11 weeks old this will be a milk tooth and puppies start to loose the puppy teeth and gain the adult teeth starting at 12 weeks it seems to be wrong. If it is a canine then possibly because these are the last to drop, hanging on until 6 months to quite a bit later. But only then if it's broken off VERY short. A photo would be useful.

Certainly I would think VERY seriously about having an operation on one so young

#3 ·
If that were my puppy I'd be telling my vet to bog off and give him time to let his adult teeth come through normally, which will expel the puppy teeth and any that have any problems. So it would be a very firm no from me.

#4 ·
Change your vet! Sounds like they’d got £££ in their eyes.

Reactions: JohnW
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.